We are looking for an attorney to join the growing Olo Legal team and advise on a broad range of corporate, securities and governance matters. In addition to helping with day-to-day matters, including but not limited to SEC compliance and corporate governance, you will help develop, implement and continually improve company and Legal team processes and procedures.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, Corporate, you will work with all levels of the organization including executive management.
You will have experience with SEC requirements, governance and board matters, securities transactions and financing activities and a willingness to expand into other substantive areas to support business needs. Other responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) working on M&A and strategic transactions, advising on employment matters and playing a significant role in evolving the legal function at Olo. In this role, you will have an opportunity to expand your skillset and counsel our business teams on various issues that arise when you’re part of a small legal team at a growing, innovative company.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Provide day-to-day counseling and advice on corporate and securities law matters.
- Prepare 10-Ks, 10-Qs, proxy statements, 8-Ks and Section 16 filings, partnering closely with internal stakeholders and external counsel.
- Support the corporate secretarial function and the board of directors, including preparing agendas and materials for board and committee meetings, drafting resolutions, managing the board and committee calendars, agendas and meeting cadence, and preparing for the annual meeting of shareholders.
- Collaborate with Finance, Investor Relations and Marketing teams on external communications, such as earnings releases, earnings scripts, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications, internal communications and other materials (including drafting appropriate securities disclosure as necessary).
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SEC and other securities-related regulatory requirements applicable to public companies, and administering our Insider Trading Policy and restricted trading calendar.
- Advise on corporate governance, employment, executive compensation and other related matters (such as equity plan administration), and develop and refine applicable corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Monitor and advise on the potential impact of new and proposed securities law and corporate governance developments, ISS voting policies, market trends and best practices to ensure continued compliance.
- Collaborate on employment and compliance matters and assist with the development, drafting and implementation of employment policies.
- Support M&A, venture capital, strategic investment and other corporate development activities, including overseeing the due diligence process, negotiating non-disclosure agreements, term sheets and definitive transaction agreements, developing templates and playbooks for our strategic investments and related support projects.
What We’ll Expect From You
- 4+ years of experience, including experience at a nationally recognized law firm with a leading securities/capital markets practice advising public company issuers in the securities, capital markets, public company representation or similar practice group.
- Experience in preparation of public company SEC reporting documents, including ’34 Act filings (10-K, 10-Q), proxy statement, 8-K and Section 16 reporting, with SEC disclosure drafting skills.
- Broad and knowledge and understanding of federal and state securities laws, including the 1933 Act, 1934 Act and NYSE listing standards.
- Knowledge of evolving ESG, governance and disclosure best practices with relevant policy positions of proxy advisory firms, ESG raters and rating agencies.
- Membership in good standing in at least one state bar (New York preferred).
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!