At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
This is an exciting high impact opportunity to counsel and guide Hopin. You can expect interesting and challenging assignments and a collegial work environment. As one of the first members of our legal team, you will help build the foundation to help Hopin meet its ambitious product and business goals.
Hopin is seeking a leader with a proven track record across multiple subject matter areas, specifically product and commercial. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a fast-growing company. We are looking for a self-starting problem-solver who can work collaboratively and autonomously and roll up their sleeves when necessary to get the job done. Priorities and responsibilities for the role may shift given the fluidness of the business and how quickly we are growing. We need team players that want to do something special and help shape the direction of the legal team.
This role will be fully remote.
- Deep subject matter expertise in commercial transactions, in-house sales, SaaS and enterprise B2B transactions
- Excellent drafting, written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt legal requirements in balanced, creative and pragmatic ways to facilitate clear and open communication at all levels of the organization
- Deep familiarity and demonstrated experience with commercial contracts lifecycle management, procurement operations and driving automation and other efficiencies in the commercial space
- Support the readiness and release of products and features by identifying and driving resolution of issues related to privacy, data security, marketing, competition, intellectual property, and other legal and regulatory areas
- Conduct legal product reviews and maintain an inventory of features, technology, data, and compliance requirements.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to Hopin’s products and services.
- Regularly meet with internal teams (e.g. product) to understand strategies, roadmap, and initiatives, and advise on new features, activities, markets, etc., to ensure alignment.
- Develop and deliver training and communications relating to product development and licensing topics
- High comfort level with a wide range of legal issues and subject matters
- Experience building and leading teams with an inclusive and collaborative team culture
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, juggle multiple projects with contending priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- A confirmed ability to effectively influence, lead, collaborate with and encourage others at all levels
- Skilled, effective and empathetic manager who is able to empower team members to achieve at a consistently high level while building trusted relationships
What you bring:
- JD degree and a member in good standing of the local bar association
- Proven experience (at least 10 years in-house) and minimum 5 years of leadership experience in building, running and/or developing global, robust teams required
- Experience with communication platform technology, privacy and data protection, content regulation, intellectual property, marketing, and consumer protection – and a willingness to learn
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to organize, prioritize and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Openness to adapting his/her practice in response to a fluid and expanding product roadmap
- Thrives in an environment where you need to roll up your sleeves and own outcomes.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor
- Ability to quickly issue-spot and learn quickly to take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem