HubSpot Ventures is the global venture capital arm of HubSpot and sits within the business’s Corporate Development group. The mission of HubSpot’s Corporate Development team is to expand and enhance our organization’s growth via strategic acquisitions and investments.
HubSpot is seeking to add a member to our venture capital team to help drive its focus of investing in and supporting remarkable software companies that share HubSpot’s mission of helping small and medium-sized businesses market, sell, serve their customers, and ultimately grow better. We have a highly active, growing portfolio of startup founders and HubSpot itself has scaled rapidly over the past few years, serving over 100,000 customers in 100 countries.
HubSpot Ventures is one of the most active corporate venture capital groups in software. Our investing practice has grown considerably in the past year, and we are seeking a highly motivated member of our team to drive investment support and fund operations for our team.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Research and develop theses in the B2B software market, identifying shifts and evolving trends in the HubSpot ecosystem, as well as their implications for the business
- Support sourcing and diligence of early-and-growth stage strategic investments, including competitive research, financial analysis, and memo composition
- Help drive and manage the HubSpot Ventures inbound and outbound deal pipeline
- Work cross functionally with our product organization in scoping investment-driven partnerships
- Maintain a strong pulse on the broader venture ecosystem of accelerators, incubators, and other co-investors (institutional and strategic), representing HubSpot Ventures at industry conferences and events
- Interface with startup management teams and cross-functional execs, including product, engineering, legal, and finance
We are looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years experience working in investment banking, venture capital, or consulting firm; software investing experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- High autonomy with a track record of ideating and executing cross-functional projects and partnerships
- Deep interest in for both the SMB market and HubSpot customer values, needs, and goals
Cash compensation range: 122,000-171,000 USD annually.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.