HubSpot Academy is on a mission to be the place people go to learn how to start and grow a business. We offer a variety of educational and inspirational content — from blog posts to lessons and full certification courses — that provides valuable business training to people all over the world. This educational content generates new customers for the business and delights our existing ones.
We’re looking for an innovative and driven educator who is passionate about creating education to help millions of organizations grow better.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing educational content that inspires people to grow their business. You’ll develop educational content through video training, certification courses, lessons, live and on-demand training, and through engagement on our HubSpot Community. You’ll work closely with the HubSpot Academy operations team members to review your educational content as well as the broader HubSpot Academy team on finding ways to innovate our education and reporting on how that education is performing and impacting our business goals.
This role sits on the HubSpot Academy team and reports to the Manager of HubSpot Academy Education. You’ll work alongside other Inbound Professors, HubSpot Product Marketing Managers, and HubSpot Product Managers to develop educational content.
As an Inbound Professor, you’ll be focused on learning the core professor skill set including but not limited to writing skills, presentation skills, relationship management, and introductory instructional design.
The Inbound Professors sit in our Education Group in the HubSpot Network Team. You will be focused on developing educational content for our customers and users. As an Inbound Professor focused on our users and customers, you’ll educate on the HubSpot products and methodologies ranging from marketing, sales, service, and platform.
Your education area of focus will be any number of these methodologies and products including but not limited to workflows/automation, email tools, and HubSpot integrations. You’ll need to execute this education with a strong understanding of the HubSpot CRM—the foundation of the HubSpot platform.
Example projects in the role include the creation of lessons, updating education consistently, finding customer stories to use as examples in education, presenting live, (e.g., HubSpot User Group, or “HUG,” presentations), and on-demand training.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with the Manager of HubSpot Academy Education to identify demand in educational content in topics ranging from the HubSpot products, strategies, and methodologies delivered across a variety of mediums (lessons, webinars, blog posts, inbound learning broadcasts, etc.)
- Design and build educational content from start to finish, including outlining video content, script writing, performing in front of the camera, collecting customer stories, and creating accompanying course materials (such as worksheets and slides).
- Experiment with new educational content formats.
- Work closely with creative resources to film and edit videos.
- Identify, collaborate with, and collect customer stories to feature in education.
- Update educational content consistently to retain up-to-date education
- Report on education performance in areas such as video engagement, lesson completion, and influenced tool usage.
- Create presentation decks on your topics of expertise to present at HubSpot User Groups (HUGS) and conferences on an ad-hoc basis.
You’ll be successful in this role if:
- You’re passionate about teaching others.
- You have an experimental mindset.
- Customers are your main focus and priority.
- You’re a creative thinker who can create innovative, engaging content for video and the web.
- You possess strong writing skills and can apply editing feedback accurately and consistently.
- You have experience with the Hubspot software
- You have experience creating content in a variety of formats, such as video scripts, ebooks, workbooks, and/or blog posts.
- You have a strong baseline of organizational and project management skills.
- You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- You’re comfortable, lively, and engaging on camera.
- You have an understanding of the inbound methodology.
- You currently hold the HubSpot Academy Inbound certification.
- Recommended: You’re currently certified with HubSpot Academy in the HubSpot Marketing Software and/or HubSpot Sales Software, and you have a strong understanding of the HubSpot CRM as the foundation of the HubSpot platform.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.