Join a remote-first global workforce. Platform.sh is a forward-thinking tech company building a better cloud platform to create, manage and power web applications, where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our growing product team. Product Managers work in close collaboration with product leadership, designers and multiple engineering teams. From discovery to delivery, we shape the product and software delivery process through equal collaboration, joint discovery, decision making, constant iterative improvements and shared accountability.
This role will report to the Senior Product Manager in our Enterprise product area.
The Product organization is distributed across the Americas and Europe. This position can be done from anywhere in time zones ranging from UTC-8 to UTC-4.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Work closely with the Senior Product Manager, assisting in management of remote engineering and operations teams, and ensuring alignment of partner requests, internal roadmap items, and short-term goals
- Participate in weekly calls and be able to articulate the status of multiple concurrent projects for both technical and non-technical partners and internal stakeholders
- Assist in the grooming of roadmaps, help define realistic goals and timeframes, schedule work, and manage projects through to completion
- Prepare for and participate in partner Quarterly Business Reviews; provide status updates and facilitate discussion with technical teams and leadership
- Keep tickets and requests up-to-date and organized
- Prepare reports and support day-to-day organizational and operational tasks
What you bring
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as software product manager.
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees
- A passion for developer productivity, software development and tooling.
- Experience managing projects from start to completion
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional, remote teams on complex technical and non-technical concepts
- Ability to handle and prioritize many tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills
Nice to have
- Agile methodology knowledge
- Previous software development or technical management experience
What we bring as a team
- Join a forward-thinking tech company constantly innovating, problem solving and working together to build a better way to create, manage and power web applications
- An open work environment where your voice is welcomed on any topic
- A culture of constant improvement, no process for process sake or hierarchical red-tape
- We are a growing company and actively foster internal promotion opportunities
- You’ll be mentored by other Product Managers and Engineering Leads to gain more experience in the following areas:
- Executing the entire product design & release cycle (Discovery, Design, Development, QA, Release)
- Conducting user research to identify customer needs and writing user stories
- Gaining familiarity with market research and analyzing the market gaps
- Discovery capabilities, identifying what to work on and why, generating new ideas for backlog prioritization.
- Collaborating with product design on initial project discovery
- Writing design documents and product requirements
- Long term roadmap planning, breaking down into smaller releases
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
*To maximize team collaboration with product, design and engineering teams, this role is preferred in the Americas and EMEA in time zones ranging from UTC-8 to UTC-4.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800 a year
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.