MO helps government leaders achieve their mission by designing intuitive and sustainable customer experiences that build trust and improve satisfaction. We use human-centered design to modernize and transform customer and employee experiences. We’re a small team of interdisciplinary creatives with mission, impact, and service to others deeply rooted in our DNA. We’re naive enough to believe we can change the world and bold enough to take the chance to do it.
We combine design thinking with agile delivery methods to drive visionary, human-centered products to market. Our custom solutions range in size from completely revamping an entire application to refreshing small pieces of a larger product. Everyone at MO directly impacts the direction and success of the company, and we own our roles. We value integrity, curiosity, and courage, and we operate collaboratively and with accountability while consistently challenging each other in the pursuit of excellence. At MO, we delight in creating one-of-a-kind products and experiences. Your imagination is the only limit on what you can do here!
Are you looking to make an impact? We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to support our client at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). In this position, you will be working in a small, cross-functional team of Human-Centered Design practitioners to understand and synthesize customer needs, strategize improved service delivery, and design innovative solutions built on SaaS and PaaS products for VA employees inside various Program Offices of the Veterans Business Administration. If you have experience driving the product life cycle from proof of concept to product road mapping and execution and you’ve helped bridge gaps between customers and interdisciplinary teams, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct user research and stakeholder engagement to effectively translate business requirements and user research outputs into a product vision, strategy, MVP definition and a product backlog of well-defined user stories with acceptance criteria (e.g., INVEST criteria).
- Be a part of a multidisciplinary team to drive from insight to product and features in the market, understand business problems, break them down into components, prioritize the work from concept to delivery and drive them toward desired outcomes with evidence-based decisions and attention to detail.
- Ensure scope of iterations and increments are understood by the team.
- You’ll be the go to person for backlog management.
- Map and track dependencies and remove team blockers.
- Lead scrum / Agile ceremonies helping drive team progress.
- Understand opportunities and constraints across the business, technical architecture, and end-user needs; ruthlessly focus capacity on the highest priority features, epics, and user stories.
- Provide documentation on the status and product, and partner with the Program Manager to proactively communicate status, priorities, risks, and mitigation strategies and ensure operational support for product delivery.
- Set success metrics and measures impact of product, features, and iterations post-release to guide next iterations/product decisions.
- Design for change by creating and nurturing relationships with stakeholders across the product ecosystem, proactively engaging impacted stakeholders to ensure the seamless rollout of new value propositions and features.
- Engage peers within the government ecosystem to proactively and collaboratively problem solve issues that impact our ability to deliver desired outcomes.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development and product management managing projects, preferably with PaaS and SaaS product experience (e.g., Salesforce, ServiceNow).
- Expert in Agile frameworks, software development lifecycle and documentation.
- Experience or desire to learn how to integrate design thinking into Agile and deliver using Lean Product Development methodologies.
- An outcome-oriented approach focused on delivering value to end users backed by measurable, data-driven results.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams using agile methodologies.
- A desire to seek different perspectives, and ask for help when needed.
- Experience developing products that are accessible.
- Experience uncovering client processes, methods, and tools and evolving approaches to align with client expectations.
- Experience turning research synthesis into clear and succinct epics and user stories that development teams can understand.
- Nice to have: experience working with the federal government (VA experience preferred).
MO’s Employee Value Proposition
- A fun, dynamic working environment with an energetic and diverse team
- A REMOTE first work environment
- An inclusive culture where everyone is welcome
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Opportunities for career growth
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability in addition to Life Insurance (company sponsored)
All MO leaders are expected to lead with humility, embody our core values in their leadership, and to hold their team accountable to the same. MO leaders are expected to ensure we are always growing by tackling hard problems, being strategic, and learning from others.
The starting pay range for this role is $72,000 – $82,0000. In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, MO’s job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we’ve outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility.
MO is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all interested candidates to apply. If you have more experience beyond what is detailed here, we’d be happy to take a look. If you meet most but not all of the requirements, we still want to hear from you.
This application will remain open until filled.