Table XI is looking for an Associate Recruiter & Experience Coordinator who cares as much about people as they do finding the right person for the job.
At Table XI, you’ll work alongside musicians, foodies, researchers, artists, entrepreneurs, writers and parents who take tremendous pride in the technology solutions they create. We also believe in doing things right. Right by our employees, our clients and our community.
Our talent acquisition team members are critical to providing an inclusive and equitable experience for candidates, from the moment they first read our job descriptions, all the way through the interview and offer process. We’re looking for a curious and kind Associate Recruiter & Experience Coordinator with equal parts empathy and hustle, who will help us continue to build our unique and amazing culture.
What we’re looking for
Job hunting is tough, and it’s important to us that our process reflects our respect for that. You have a sense of urgency, knowing that timing is key when it comes to hiring people. You’re organized and most of all, responsive, never leaving a candidate hanging.
Don’t hesitate to apply if you don’t have 100% of the specifics listed. While we have a preference for folks who have at least a year of working on a talent team under their belt, if you have relevant experience that you think could make you a great fit for the job, Table XI encourages everybody interested in a role to apply.
Here’s what we expect from you
- Help create a fair, inclusive and effective interview experience that is equally welcoming to candidates who get an offer as well as those who don’t get the job
- Use Lever, our applicant tracking system, to schedule interviews and move candidates through the process
- Post jobs on our boards, and keep the postings up to date
- Share roles across relevant social media channels, slack groups, and message boards, along with rallying the Tables XI team to share open roles
- Act as a steward for Diversity, Equity and Belonging, and TXI’s inclusive culture across all aspects of the job — making suggestions and implementing ideas on where and how we can improve on providing equal opportunities for candidates who have traditionally been excluded from the tech space
- Assist in sourcing a diverse slate of amazing candidates who reflect Table XI’s values using sites like LinkedIn, Github and Tech Ladies, POCIT, Diversify Tech, among othersBegin growing as a recruiter, with the goal of taking on your own roles
- Begin growing as a recruiter, with the goal of taking on your own roles
What your days will look like, what success looks like
Proper expectations setting has a big impact on your progressional growth. To set expectations for what you’ll experience as an Associate Recruiter, here is some of what you can expect in your first two years.
Within 1 month, you will
//Start the company onboarding process, learning more about our company’s culture, values, history, and commitments to our clients
//Complete the tutorials for our applicant tracking system, Lever
//Shadow our Director of Organizational Growth and our Talent Experience lead to learn more about how to pitch Table XI to candidates, how we interview, and how we make offers
//Shadow client teams to learn about our integrated teams of designers, engineers and delivery leads
//Go deeper into the employee experience of working at Table XI, meeting with key leaders across the company to build relationships with the broader team
Within 3 months, you will
//Own the job posting and interview scheduling processes
// Establish a cadence of sharing roles on social media and in relevant slack and meetup groups, and join a couple of your favorites
//Start screening candidate applications and handle initial phone screens
//Join our DEIB group
//Complete your first Sticky Note Game
//Have a manager identified and receive your first quarterly feedback
//Attend your first company All Hands with the rest of the organization
Within 6 months, you will
//Take on your own searches from start through offer
// Start sourcing candidates using tools like Entelo
//Help the team secure your first hires for Table XI
//Complete a review with your manager
//Learn new skills to support further growth
Within 1 year, you will
//Attend a company retreat to get to know all of the employees outside of the office setting
//Establish a pipeline and relationships with candidates, using Lever’s CRM to check in on a regular cadence
//Identify and come up with solutions for interview process improvements
//Attend community events and establish yourself as a representative of Table XI and our culture
Within 2 years, you will
//Have the opportunity to become an owner in the business
//Look back proudly to the organizational changes you’ve been a part of–creating an impact on how we do business
Some reasons why you might like working with us
We have been recognized for both our internal employee experience and delivering a trusted client experience. At TXI, we are very intentional about the way we work and how we support both our team and our clients.
1. We focus on Product Innovation: helping initially to envision new product concepts for our clients. We are core contributors to shaping the work we do and the problems we’re working to solve. In addition to ideation, we’re trusted to bring these new concepts to market. We build the right thing (design thinking and product discovery) and build the thing right (agile mindset and iterative approach).
2. We care about DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging). To deliver the best solutions, we need as many bright and diverse minds in the room as possible, and we need to be able to learn from them once they’re there. That’s why we’re working to create an environment comfortable and inclusive for everyone. Learn more about our DEIB learnings, roadmap, and history.
3. We work in a variety of industries, encouraging our team members to explore new domains, solve different kinds of problems, and adopt new technologies. There is no getting bored in our portfolio; you’ll work across healthcare, edtech, manufacturing, and nonprofits (just to name a few!) and build web, mobile, and IoT solutions.
4. We work in integrated teams (and avoid staff augmentation). At TXI, we seek to bring all of the good ideas to the table so you learn from the talented teammates you regularly pair with. Design, engineering and delivery regularly collaborate—so we’re all listening to the same users.
5. We are intentional about supporting each individual’s growth. “Challenge and support each other” is a core value of the company and we take that mission seriously. That’s why every employee has a personal learning and development budget, everyone has a bi-weekly conversation with their manager about their progress, and our CEO created the Sticky Note Game to encourage each person’s path at TXI.
6. We believe wellness and sustainable pace deliver the best outcomes. We commit to be dedicated partners to our clients for a sustainable 35 hours per week. We don’t require regular travel or client on-site time. Our team members have flexible schedules with a hybrid (co-located or remote) working environment and discretionary time off because we respect everyone has a life outside of work.
7. We value transparency and open discussion. You will have a front-line view of the company’s performance, risks and issues, finances and budgets. With unique tools and facilitation techniques, we also regularly connect and discuss topics as a company to guide our path forward.
8. We build products that matter. We advance the causes and goals of our partners and consistently deliver outcomes and impact for them. See some examples below.
What We Make
For over two decades, we’ve partnered with clients across industries to research, design, and develop custom web and mobile applications that make a meaningful impact. These impacts include:
<> Empowering nonprofits with real-time insight into progress and potential for donor impact through transformative fundraising software
<> Designing a digital experience to support LGBTQ+ 14-17-year-old youths as they face societal and personal bias with their orientation prior to coming out, driven by evidence-based treatment and therapy plans.
<> Driving accountability and motivation for patients recovering from spinal surgery through integrated mobile app and wearable device on the patient’s lower back <>Improving prediction of patient enrollment in global clinical trials for life-saving drugs through the integration of advanced analytics and digital innovation
<> Creating a new mobile app to inspire employees to love where they work by delivering meaningful savings and recognition in their workplace, while also amplifying merchant partner reach across the US
But the work is just part of what makes TXI a rewarding place to be. We support each others’ interests—whether volunteering with AIGA, organizing a UX Strategy Meetup, speaking at industry events, or learning new techniques and technologies. If there’s something you’re passionate about, we want you to pursue it so you can teach it to the rest of us. Our First Friday Design Talks, company Lunch & Learns, and weekly Design Practice Meetings are just some of the ways we create space for sharing, learning, and professional development.
What We Offer
We believe in equitable pay. The salary range for this role is $60k- $80k. In addition to our base compensation, we offer a quarterly bonus based on company performance and the following benefits, intended to take care of you (and the people you care about):
+ Quality health insurance-Paid parental leave policy (equal for all TXI parents) and discretionary paid time off
+ 401k plan, including employer matching
+ The option to work fully remote with minimal client or onsite client work
+ Company retreats and All Hands days
+ A chance to connect with each other in person and outside of the office
+ Benefits for continuing education, donation matching, renewable energy switching
US-friendly hours are strongly preferred. We have a hybrid setup at Table XI – with both a home office in Chicago and the opportunity for any of our team members (currently in the US, Canada, and Europe) to work distributed, either from home or one of the coworking spaces in our network. We communicate and collaborate effectively in a remote environment with tools like Miro, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. While we encourage asynchronous communication, we often work in pairs or in collaboration sessions, so it is important to have some core hours of overlap with our clients and fellow team members. Regardless of where you are living and working, we will get together as a company several times a year to help build connections and foster relationships in our team.