Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage media and technology company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news and information in an audience-first format known as Smart Brevity ™
Why it matters: We’re looking for an Associate, Talent Management to support our People Operations Business Partner (HRBP) team. As we continue our explosive growth and scale, you’ll be the operational force behind the team and play a pivotal role in helping us preserve our award-winning culture as we tackle new business ventures.
Go deeper: In this role, you will:
- Support the day-to-day operations of the team, in coordination with HRBPs and peers across the larger People Operations team.
- Support the planning and execution of key talent processes, including engagement, performance management, promotions, succession planning, etc.
- Own the creation and analysis of new reports and dashboards to help generate new talent insights for executives (attrition, engagement, performance, etc.
- Help build, support, and protect an inclusive culture across your team
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience/interest in HR/talent management and in fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of and passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and a deep commitment to ensuring Axios is a happy, healthy place to work for employees of all backgrounds and identities
- Experience and comfort working with data and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to project manage and juggle multiple priorities at once
- Creative thinker and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to have sensitive conversations and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.