Welcome to Solid State. We’re a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we’re looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We’re incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for an Audio Software Engineer to join the Mobile Team to work on a new mobile title. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
As an Audio Software Engineer you will implement, refactor, optimize and maintain related game and low-level systems specifically for Mobile platforms including: audio device management, sound engine configuration, DSP & performance, platform-specific features and app lifecycle, voice chat, and more. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with international teams.
Your goals and responsibilities include ensuring the audio engine is well adapted to the unique constraints of the mobile platform and that the related tools and tool integrations reflect the mobile configuration and capabilities. You will work with related teams on the project as well as broader organizations between studios to support production of compelling experiences.
- Implement, debug, optimize and adapt audio features, pipelines, tools and infrastructure as needed
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform work you’re leading and maintain a process of technological evolution with a Mobile platform focus
- Communicate with project leads and other studio audio teams to facilitate multi-platform feature development
- 3+ years programming experience
- Contributed extensively to the development of one or more game projects, PC, Console or Mobile
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, code on multi-platform projects
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Excellent communications skills
- Some familiarity with current Mobile audio APIs and architecture
- Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
- Familiarity with VOIP implementation on mobile platforms
- Experience of working in cross- or remote-studio environment
Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry’s best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We’re looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We’re highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We seek to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got you covered!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.