Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial individual to join Leap’s Marketing Team to drive the strategy and execution of B2B go-to-market initiatives for Leap’s offerings. This role focuses on building a deep understanding of our market segments, their motivations, and how our offerings help our targets achieve their goals.
This position can be based anywhere in North America and reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Here’s what we are hoping you bring:
- At least 5 years of B2B product marketing experience for enterprise-level products.
- Ability to think strategically and excitement for new category creation.
- Experience working collaboratively with a diverse team of amazingly talented and fun people, but also comfort in working independently in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong public speaking skills, confidence in front of senior audiences, and solid writing skills.
- Ability to translate technical product offerings into market-facing benefits.
- Dedication to building a diverse and inclusive culture within teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
In this role you will:
- Write launch plans for new offerings and new markets.
- Collaborate with the Product team to convert technical features into product positioning and messaging for use by our Business Development team.
- Support our business development staff and develop internal tools and external collateral.
- Understand and develop personas and decision criteria for various stakeholders in the deal-making process.
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.