Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
Do you think it is time for companies to better support working parents? Do you love tackling big challenges in fast-paced environments? Outschool is looking for an outstanding marketer to accelerate the growth of our business selling Outschool to companies that want to support their working parents with an amazing benefit. Since August 2020, our business has grown from just an idea to nearly 100 partners providing over 1M learning hours to the children of their employees — and we are looking to accelerate that growth significantly this year in terms of sales and utilization. We are looking for someone who is as creative as they are strategic and excited to get us to the next level. You need to be an excellent communicator, problem-solver, innovative thinker, and top-notch marketer.
We want people who love learning and are excited to transform not just education but also what it is like to be a working parent.
- Build, implement and optimize marketing campaigns to prospective clients/companies
- Build, implement and optimize a lifecycle marketing strategy
- Bring creative ideas for lead generation and test and measure rigorously
- Develop and experiment with positioning and messaging across customer audiences
- Be a Subject Matter Expert on employer benefits and how to go to market with HR leaders
- Author product content and work cross-functionally to develop sales enablement documentation, sales collateral, case studies, product videos, website copy, and blog posts, among other types of content that clearly articulate the benefits of Outschool to the HR world
- Build a team of contractors as needed
- Generate creative growth strategies while executing on the tactics
- Partner with the Product Manager and Employers teams to accelerate sales and utilization
- Support two go-to-market approaches: direct sales and post-sale customer engagement
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 8+ years of B2B marketing experience, including 5+ years in growth or product marketing with a strong focus on building brand awareness and generating MQLs —ideally in an early-stage company
- Experience marketing to HR benefits and culture teams
- You are resourceful, when you don’t know something, you find ways to figure it out
- You have the ability to toggle between 30K foot view to strategize/plan and the deep weeds to execute
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker with a bias to inbox zero
- You care about learning and education and want to make them better
- Familiarity with Hubspot and/or inbound marketing is a plus but not required
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to neurodiverse individuals, applicants with physical and mental disabilities, and disabled veterans. For individuals who would like to request an accommodation, you may reach out to us at email@example.com or through your Recruiting point of contact as you schedule your initial interview.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.