Deepsurface Security is a Portland-based startup changing how companies address risk in their cybersecurity systems by empowering customers to be radically better at protecting their organizations. We help security teams make their enterprise networks more secure every day.
Our DeepSurface product provides information security professionals with a clear view of the threats that exist in their networks, systems, and applications. Our approach revolutionizes vulnerability management and threat modeling by providing visibility, priority, and metrics where none exist.
We’re a growing 12 person team of self-starters with deep expertise. We value pragmatic solutions and being good to each other. We move fast, but with discipline, and rely on team members to listen, think, and then build the best products for our customers. If you love working in collaborative teams, take a high degree of initiative, and have a history of extreme ownership, then we’d love to meet you.
We have great benefits, a very flexible work environment, and commitment to hiring diversely.
We are currently looking for a mid-level Backend Developer. The responsibilities of this position are a blend of coding, analysis and implementation. All roles are 100% remote currently, but we plan to go back into our Portland offices part time after COVID-19.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience of coding Python, at least 5 years of experience with complex SQL database schema design, be comfortable in Linux-based environments, be an independent but communicative team player, and thrive in researching creative ways to solve unusual technical challenges. Additionally, this candidate would thrive in a collaborative environment with team players, be comfortable taking initiative to produce results, collaborate effectively with a talented team, and have the ability to suggest and carry out practical actions to deal with issues.
Duties & Deliverables
In this role, you will be the first hire in our Backend Developer team.
The primary duties of this role include:
- Research technical requirements involved in creating new features and identifying challenges
- Develop efficient plans for remediating problems found in our flagship product
- Present action plans to team members and management to get buy-in before beginning work
- Work with frontend developers and other staff to design interfaces and APIs to provide the required functionality
- Collaborate with our frontend developers and provide them stable, well written code
- Correctly identify problematic or poorly performing components in our flagship product
- Creatively problem-solve, research and analyze new ways to improve our flagship product
- Work with Python, PostgreSQL, PowerShell, shell scripts, and other technologies to address feature requests and identified defects
- Communicate effectively with team members and management to be able to deliver the end product
- Keep up to date with our ticketing system and provide reliable time estimates for competition of tickets
Please note: This is not a junior-level position, as it requires professional knowledge of Python and PostgreSQL as well as several years of experience with Linux-based environments. If you don’t fit this profile, but wish to be considered for possible future opportunities, you can use the application form as a way of introducing yourself. Just state early on that you don’t qualify for this position but would like to be considered for future openings.