Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
We are looking for a back-end engineer to join our Security team for a period of 5 months to cover for a maternity leave. You will be part of the team that is responsible for helping in building a persistent, positive, and most of all sustainable security culture. We believe in a security culture that is less about jumping down people’s throats than it is teaching them how to improve. You will be involved in developing and maintaining internal security focused services that touch upon the application security and counter abuse areas. We are looking for an experienced engineer that is able to jump right in and deliver results while working independently.
This position can be based in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France or Germany
- Experience or willing to work with Ruby, NodeJS and Typescript.
- You are comfortable working with Databases (mySQL, SQL).
- You have a true interest in the Security area.
- Application design and testing experience.
- Experience delivering enterprise-class applications.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Able to work independently, design and deliver your own roadmap.
- Comfortable in refactoring applications.
- It’s an advantage if you have experience in building security-specific services
- You are able to bring Security ideas and transform them into services
- Experience with Threat Intelligence services
- Practical experience in developing applications using microservices, container technologies, container management systems such as k8s, docker etc
- Experience building and deploying applications and into cloud environments
- Comfortable working with sensitive information
- Experience with Elastic Search
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can’t wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.