At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
We are looking for an engineer to join the Vault Ecosystem team for a very exciting opportunity! This role will focus on the tools and features that enhance integration with third-party services and partners. You will help design, prototype, and implement features to interface with a variety of external systems, and enhance the extensibility support within Vault. This role will support the Foundations team which is a team focused on developing core components centered around the Vault ecosystem to enable its growth, and make investments to better support orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes. The Ecosystem Foundations team owns the underlying interfaces for the Vault plugin ecosystem and are subject matter experts in runtime orchestrators such as Kubernetes, including relevant secrets engines and auth methods. We build abstractions and interfaces that empower our practitioners, partners, and customers.
This person will be a part of the Vault engineering team at HashiCorp, working to provide a fantastic and broadly used secrets tool for businesses and individuals handling all sizes and types of infrastructure.
You can learn more about the Vault product with our Co-Founder & CTO here: Introduction to HashiCorp Vault with Armon Dadgar
In this role, you can expect to:
- Expand functionality around plugin UX, including performance, monitoring, management, and cloud integration experiences
- Help contribute to the Vault community by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to Vault APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Develop and architect new systems that can help enhance the Vault ecosystem
- Establish new workflows to provide better user experience between Vault and other providers and services
- Architect and design new systems that allows developers to interact between external services and Vault
- Assist the organization in our transition to the cloud by working with other internal stakeholders such as the HCP Vault Platform team.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have at least three years of coding in a live production environment
- You like writing programs that can be understood by their users
- You have experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems
- You have experience working with distributed software within a Linux environment
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support to help work with the Vault community
- You have some exposure to one or more of the major public clouds
- You have experience developing, deploying, or using event system mechanisms
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- You have a working understanding of commonly-used security technologies
- You have experience using Vault, Kubernetes, or Terraform
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. If you do include a cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.