Hopin is a virtual venue for live online events that brings hundreds of thousands of people together, to have interactive and engaging experiences from anywhere in the world.
The Video Platform team is responsible for providing video infrastructure that powers a small portfolio of products using real-time and streamed media. The platform is capable of delivering live content to hundreds of thousands of users today, and we plan to grow to the millions over the next year. Hopin’s usage is growing at an enormous pace, with production traffic is increasing week over week.
The goal of the video platform is provide excellent quality of service for our customers. The scale required to meet the demand of Hopin’s products pushes beyond the limits of conventional architecture. We are building a truly next-generation live media service, capable of real-time video delivery at scale, automated infrastructure management, advanced networking, real-time monitoring, and more.
Based on interest and experience, you are expected to contribute directly to at least one of three major problem sets:
- live media multiplexing/capture
- video streaming, live and on-demand
- real-time communications
You’ll develop and maintain a reliable, fault-tolerant, and efficient platform for delivering live-streamed and real-time video to hundreds of thousands of customers across the globe. You’ll help define test strategy to expand automated coverage of all new development and write impeccable documentation about the features, architecture, and support services that you ship.
The skillset required of the video platform is multidisciplinary, and we believe deeply in the value of inquisitive and generalist technical minds. Experience with one or more of the following areas of interest is preferred:
- Video delivery, whether live-streamed, video-on-demand, or real-time.
- Real-time analytics and monitoring of telemetric (time-series) data streams.
- Test automation for media solutions.
Our Tech Stack
Our platform is constantly evolving. Although it may well change as we grow, today our focus is on a few components including these technologies:
- Many AWS products
- Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, and Terraform
- Headless Chrome
- ffmpeg – including libavformat/libavcodec
- WebRTC, RTMP, HLS, CMAF, and DASH
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- This is a fully remote position, and this role requires at least 5 hours of availability during working hours in the US Eastern Time Zone (GMT-5), Monday to Friday.
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD stipend reimbursement for home office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.