For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We’re the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We’re high trust with a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
At OpenPhone, we’re looking for talented Engineers to join our core engineering team. You’ll help develop and scale a world class application that’s re-imagining the modern day business phone. Your responsibilities will include thinking through our customer journey and advocating for product enhancements and optimizations while working with technologies like: React.js, Node.js, & Typescript.
Things you’ll do
- Create new backend services and APIs to support new features in the product
- Build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to OpenPhone
Tech stack you’ll use
- Our backend is built on Node using Typescript.
- We use Kubernetes to orchestrate our infrastructure setup and deployment.
- The overall architecture is event-driven micro-services with RabbitMQ at the center of it.
- We use a variety of databases for different purposes: Postrges, Mongo, Elastic, and Redis.
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We’re serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We’re a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.