Deepgram is looking for a Backend software engineer to lead the design and implementation of Deepgram’s products. You will design and implement secure, robust, and scalable services for speech processing; efficient, distributed data storage; optimized scheduling, and more. Your skill at building highly reusable code that overcomes technical challenges is paired with an intuition for delightful user experiences. You will be a critical voice in Deepgram’s Product and Engineering teams, driving high impact products from start to finish.
- Improving Deepgram’s core ASR (automatic speech recognition) services including networking, speech processing, scheduling, etc
- Measuring, building, and optimizing services to maximize system performance
- Debugging complex system issues that include networking, scheduling and high performance computer interactions
- Customize backend services to support customer needs
- Designing and implementing new services, features, and/or products.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies, libraries, frameworks, and languages.
- Expert competence in C, C++, or Rust (preferably Rust), with competence in Python.
- Competence in version control (preferably git). Competence with UNIX-style systems.
- Competence in working with and developing distributed systems.
- Desired: Basic understanding of the processes involved in modern machine learning
- Desired: competence in CUDA and comfortable with writing software that optimizes and/or interfaces to GPUs
Deepgram’s end-to-end deep neural network is revolutionizing the speech-to-text (STT) market and taking on the big guys. We’re redefining what companies can do with voice technology by offering a platform with AI architectural advantage, not legacy tech retrofitted with AI. We’ve raised over $56 million and have been recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace (2021 and 2022), a Forbes Top 50 AI Company to Watch (2021), and a CB Insights Top 100 AI Startup (2021), among others.
Our tech advantage is end-to-end deep learning, but our strength lies in our diversity of people, ideas, and experiences that allow our company to create amazing STT products for people who are true innovators in the field. We believe every voice should be heard—and understood—from our transcriptions to our customers to our employees. Come join our revolution to unlock the power of voice technology for everyone. We want to hear what you’ve got to say!