WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is looking for a talented backend engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. This developer will primarily be working with Node.js. As a Node.js Backend Engineer at WELL, you will work directly alongside a team of bright and motivated backend engineers, under the guidance of our Engineering Director.
You will be responsible for working with the rest of the team to maintain and grow features in the backend code base. This work will range from supporting Node.js web facing APIs, to writing SQL queries, to developing workflows in Golang.
In addition to being a strong developer, you will have a keen interest in how software and modern communication channels can improve the patient experience. You will also have the attention to detail and quality needed to meet high Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in a product that serves roughly 20 million patients nationwide. You will also be flexible and adaptable enough to thrive in a fluid startup environment.
- Build new backend services using Typescript on Node.js, open source technology and tools including NestJS.
- Level up other engineers with your expertise, and learn from their expertise.
- Collaborate with the product team in an agile environment to break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks.
- Drive quality by writing effective unit, integration and functional tests for high availability systems and libraries.
- Create high availability and high throughput systems using Redis, Postgres, MongoDB, and AWS services.
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, Client Success, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 1-3 years designing and implementing backend services and distributed systems in a professional environment
- Proficiency in SQL (PostgreSQL) database design
- Experienced working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Commitment to testing best practices
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with:
- Go, Python
- Event sourced and microservice architecture
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and has a satellite office in Orange County, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy snacks), Kombucha on tap, light-filled space, Sonos workplace, ergonomic desk setup, and the occasional taco truck.
MacBook Pros provided
Unlimited vacation/PTO and a flexible work schedule
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
WELL is dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and express their thoughts and opinions. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.