We’re expanding a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact on the success of world-class software organizations. To us, sales isn’t pitching a vision, closing a decision maker, then handing them a product; it’s providing an amazing experience from start to finish, centered around helping a prospect try and evaluate our product.
Appcues is a SaaS platform used by thousands of companies to improve their products without writing any code. Our customers, such as Segment, Lyft and Kaplan, embed Appcues in their products to influence user behavior and grow their business through beautiful in-app experiences they design.
This is an opportunity to accelerate growth on a winning team. In this role you will be the leader of a team of BDRs and will own the responsibility for building out our BDR program. You will conduct weekly one-on-ones, team meetings, strategy meetings and champion the coaching of the BDRs you manage.
You will be an essential partner within the Sales organization – innovating BD processes, evolving messaging strategies, building training programs to support business and career growth. Your leadership will be a crucial component in cultivating a deeply satisfying, low attrition, and results oriented place of work and to cultivate career progression in sales.
Apply if you’re passionate about helping your teammates achieve their goals, innovating on a first class sales motion, developing your sales leadership skills and want to help build a world class sales team.
Your typical day might include…
- Coaching – You’ll run weekly one-on-one’s and coaching sessions with each person on your team.
- Hiring – You will be responsible for attracting, recruiting and onboarding top talent in line with our hiring plans.
- Strategy – You can expect to strategize with Sales, Marketing, and other company leaders on our strategy for outbound.
- Innovating – We are only at the beginning of Business Development at Appcues and we are looking for someone who is not only excited to build out the processes but also to continually innovate remain a first-class organization.
- Promoting – your team’s success is your success. By building an environment where your team can learn the foundation of sales will ensure they go on to grow their career in sales.
You might be a great fit if…
- You believe at your core that solving for the success of prospective Appcues customers is the best lever to drive team and personal success.
- You enjoy helping teammates achieve their goals; peer success is extraordinarily gratifying.
- You strive to work and contribute to a place where you’re excited to show up every day.
- Your instinct is to solve a problem without being asked.
- You’re technically astute and would be excited to gain a deeper understanding of how software works. Our customers use different web technologies and you should want to understand the basics of how they work.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and take on a player-coach role in order to learn the role as fast as possible.
- You have 2+ years of BD management experience, preferably in a fast paced SaaS sales organization.
- Experience as an individual contributor in BD and Outside Sales roles is a plus.
- More than anything else, you are empathetic and have a genuine desire to help other people.
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and, after COVID times, will get together twice a year for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Unlimited vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take a minimum of ten days of vacation per year. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it’s the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user’s needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, their work, and the success story we are writing. Our values are not just words. We live by them.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. We believe that diverse teams foster a more inclusive company culture, build better products, and are more human, humane, and fun.