As a BI Analyst, working on the Analytics team here at Weedmaps, you will play a key role within the organization by using a data-supported approach to make strategic recommendations and drive understanding of our fast-growing business. You will be a key member of the team that WM looks to for insights and strategic direction. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing users’ interactions with Weedmaps, implementing event tagging, and making product recommendations based on data-driven insights. You will examine and understand clickstream, marketing, financial, and sales data. You are a self-starter, resilient, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, and capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You have a tendency to roll up your sleeves, slice and dice massive sets of information, and build solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Understanding how to improve user experience through data is second nature to you.
The impact you’ll make:
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products and understand the customer experience using SQL, Excel, Tableau, Domo, etc.
- Engage with and gather requirements from business stakeholders.
- Present analysis and reports using data visualization tools, MS Powerpoint, etc.
- Develop and execute event tagging and analytics strategy for new product releases, including A/B testing. Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and work to implement fixes.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers, incorporate qualitative insights and understand how our customers interact with our core products.
- Develop documentation of use cases, tracking specs, and QA results.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Minimum 2 years of experience analyzing data and driving actionable results
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Fluent in SQL or any other database querying language
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver
- Strong background researching and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, Domo, etc.)
- Experience with product analytics and event tracking implementation is a plus.
- Knowledge of key project management and agile principles (PMI, Kanban, Scrum. etc.)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of machine learning and complex analytical packages and framework including, but not limited to Python, R, Spark, SPSS, Stata, and SAS
- Prior startup or tech world experience
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, or other like product analytic platforms
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.