Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce that began in France. Our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is at once everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way!
Blackfire is an Application Performance Management tool that monitors, profiles and tests applications even before they are released in production. It is a Platform.sh sub-brand since May 2021 when it was acquired by the latter. Blackfire is complementary to Platform.sh product portfolio but also remains an independant product line and brand, addressing broader business opportunities.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who will oversee all marketing actions related to the Blackfire brand.
In this role, you will be in charge of the marketing actions & tools to grow the product’s revenue. You will serve as the marketing go-to person for Blackfire related topics.
This role reports to the Platform.sh VP Go-to-market – based in the US.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
Blackfire Marketing plan: develop profitable plans to position and promote the product range
- Develop marketing strategies (advertising, product launches and updates, events, social media plan, ….) alongside the Marketing team to successfully develop the product’s revenue
- Define and deliver compelling messages and the assets to support these strategies (press content, presentations, webinar content, use cases, videos, newsletters……)
- Define and report the relevant KPIs to track marketing plan performance
Blackfire advocacy: promote the product line internally and externally
- Prepare and attend events to support Blackfire’s awareness
- Be a spokesperson at conferences / events toward the targeted community
- Support sales to close business opportunities
Blackfire Tools: manage various marketing tools to support the roll-out of the marketing plan
- Manage Intercom, the integrated marketing automation tool and support tool, using best practices from Customer Marketing
- Manage Blackfire’s social media accounts, leveraging best practices from Social Media experts
- Own the Blackfire website, ensuring it is up to date and delivers on its traffic promise, work with SEO expert to optimize organic traffic
- Ensure that Blackfire is correctly positioned as a Platform.sh sub-brand
What you bring
- 5+ years in BtoB tech marketing, with a strong experience with major marketing tactics and tools, especially digital marketing
- Understanding of developer’s communities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Project management skill set
- Fluency in English
- B2B tech marketing experience
- Business acumen and passion for tech
What we bring as a team
- We trust each other – Try, succeed, fail we will always have your back!
- We have fun – We work seriously without taking ourselves too seriously.
- We are team players – Teamwork makes the dream work!
- We are transparent – We believe in explicit communication and constructive feedback.
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
As a side effect of teams being spread across time zones, you may have to tolerate occasional early morning meetings if you live in the Americas, or late-night meetings if you live in an APAC country*. We do our best to accommodate time zones but there are preferred hours for certain roles and teams. The team you interview with will be able to give you a clear idea of their collaborative hours.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company-wide meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent)
- Remote working/flexibility
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only)
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only)
- Extra compensation for on-call ops and support staff
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
- 6 months of individual coaching for all new managers
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios, we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director-level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running, and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.