Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
The Creative Studio is our in-house creative agency which oversees everything we put out into the world. Our team of designers, developers and project managers work closely with our product, marketing, advertising and editorial teams. Together we help design, plan and publish projects that capture the imaginations of millions of users and our global audience.
About the role
WeTransfer stands for freedom, creativity, simplicity, and humanity. As a member of the studio’s Brand Design Team, it is your responsibility to make sure we inspire and reflect that wherever WeTransfer shows up.
Our team collaborates closely with Product, Marketing, and Editorial teams, which makes for a wide range of different projects. You and your teammates:
- translate the company’s vision and strategy into brand design directions
- pick up and implement aspects of the brand language across projects
- design cornerstone projects to support Product, Marketing, and Editorial initiatives
- collaborate with people and teams across the company to forge all design into a cohesive brand
- maintain the system, ensuring the team provides the necessary documentation, tooling and assets to enable others to independently create high-quality, on-brand work
- are ambassadors for the brand and its design—coaching and guiding others to make WeTransfer the most human and lovable technology brand out there
- design with a mindset to make our output be a creative beacon within the community
Today, we are setting themes for our design language in 2021, designing for a cohesive user experience between our different sites and products, revisiting the billions of emails that WeTransfer sends out each year, shaping how we bring our subscription offering into the world, and talking about the next steps for our editorial platform WePresent.
There are endless possibilities to tweak, improve and revolutionize how WeTransfer shows up. We’re looking for a creative who’s able to identify and act on the best opportunities to impact design at an individual, team, company, and industry level. Someone that can span between big ideas and inspiring execution. An incredible team player that knows how to participate in cultivating an inclusive, collaborative environment to create amazing work with a great group of people.
With the global pandemic we have taken in a mostly distributed way of working. This has worked well and we’re open to have the first fully remote members join our team. For people applying from other time zones, please note that we will be looking for a good overlap in working hours.
- 4+ years experience designing for brand and comms
- Experience in digital design
- Agency experience—fast-paced, handling multiple projects for multiple clients at once
- An eye and passion for detail
- Experience coaching and guiding the work of other designers on the team
- Ability to handle multiple projects and be flexible and adaptable to client needs
- Solid understanding of working with success metrics
- Actively engaged with what’s happening in the world to share the best inspiration and examples of our craft with the team
Bonus points for
- Experience working at product/service companies
- Given the current team is based in Amsterdam, it would be most practical to be based there as well, or willing to relocate
- A portfolio that speaks volumes about your talent, skills and experience
- Exceptional team and communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
A little something about us
Since 2009 WeTransfer has been helping people share their creative ideas. We believe creative thinking changes the way we see the world, and so we develop tools to get people into their flow – that strange and beautiful state where everything comes together and the best work happens.
Today, more than 50 million people in 195 countries share ideas using WeTransfer. We are constantly developing new products, as well as rethinking what our current platforms can be, and can do.
Our founders originally worked in design, media and marketing; today we’re lucky to be working with the most creative minds in branding, sales, design, support and engineering.
We believe a diverse company is a better company. Whatever your story, we want to hear from you. Whatever your background, we’ll help you do your best work. All employees get an annual €1,000 personal development budget to learn new skills, or improve existing ones.
Our new Amsterdam office is located in an old chewing gum factory on the edge of the river Amstel. Our US teams are based in Venice (LA), Brooklyn (NYC) and South Lake Union (Seattle). With lunch, snacks and great coffee, we know how to keep our teams properly fueled. Our culture team designs a program of outings, speakers, workshops and fitness classes to get a good work-life balance.
Like the sound of working with us?
We’re a company that makes a difference for millions of people with a culture that values each individual. Come and join us!