Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
The design team at Merit is growing and we are looking for a Senior Brand Experience Designer to help craft and express the Merit brand. This role will define our visual identity and will use a deep toolkit of skills to create near and far end to end experiences, focusing on how people interact with our products, our brand and the various brand touchpoints. This is a great opportunity to have a direct impact to redefine the Merit brand.Since the brand experience has many touch points you will partner closely with the Marketing team as well as Sales, Product Design, Customer Success, HR and the Office of the CEO. You will drive technology and strategy to ideate, visualize, and prototype our future customer experiences. You will have ownership of creative scope, and will be able to lead design efforts.You will bring ideas to life. You will be a storyteller. The ideal candidate has a passion for user focused design and a practiced understanding of design thinking. Experience with technology and user interface design are an essential part of your role, and you will be involved in and sometimes be solely responsible for written briefs, hand sketches, digital comps, rapid physical and digital prototypes, storyboards, presentations, and more.Your love and experience rendering concepts, thinking with your hands, and sweating the details are all in service of making ideas tangible. Your design voice will be heard. You’ll thrive at working collaboratively on a team with diverse backgrounds, skills and opinions, and appreciate the unique contributions different individuals make.Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. We are a remote organization with some travel.
What you will do – Brand Experience 60%
- Execute an iterative design process from early concept to final designs to deliver an impactful and engaging brand experience
- Ensure a consistent and mission-aligned applications of the brand across Merit products, platforms, and communications
- Develop and maintain brand management processes to improve internal workflow and normalize team-wide design process and practices
- Collaborate on developing brand usage and licencing policy aligned with Merit’s mission and strategic goals
- Proactively seek and incorporate feedback on design direction and execution
User Feedback & Design Ambassador 20%
- Participate in co-design feedback gathering sessions that allows users and stakeholders to give feedback on design process and solution
- Ensure design decisions incorporate and are influenced by user feedback
- Keep up-to-date with the Merit online community and broader ecosystem to advocate for user and brand experiences which are inclusive, accessible, and welcoming
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines to standardize, refine and iterate on current brand and brand applications
- Support design and production of learning resources, outreach collateral, and event/promotional materials
- Provide design support, feedback, and consulting across the broader team
Experience & Skills
- Seasoned designer with 6+ years experience in graphic design, branding, and UX/UI
- Experience as a brand specialist, lead designer, graphic artist, or related position
- Knowledge of branding guidelines and maintenance
- Portfolio demonstrating a strong familiarity with grid-based compositions, the ability to transform complex ideas into compelling visual narratives, and a refined stylistic point of view
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals: form, color, composition, typography
- Proficient in software of choice (Google Suite App, Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Knowledgeable of video production and editing
- A reliable, organized, and resourceful team player
- Versatile designer who can flex across brand, marketing, and communication design
- Detail-oriented craftsperson who creates beautiful, emotionally compelling work.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-guided and autonomous operator who needs little oversight to identify, initiate, and deliver high quality work
- Evangelist for design who will help establish a design-first culture within a fast-growing company
- Passion for designing creative/expressive experiences and solving unique problems
- Experience maintaining brand standards and applying the brand consistently across an array of platforms and media
- Experience with web design and working with content and artwork with responsive websites
- Experience developing illustrations and graphics for communication
- Strong sense of systems oriented design
- Strong interest in using inclusive research processes to inform design decisions
- Experience working with a project/product manager and communication teams
- Passion for learning new skills
- Proven oral and written communication skills
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a link to our pay bands: https://www.merits.com/resources/paybands/corporate-operations
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support, and value them for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applications from veterans and military spouses.
Merit is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for our employees. If you need accessibility assistance or a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.