Buildkite is the fastest, most reliable, secure way to deploy and test code at any scale. Making developers happy and productive makes us happy, and we’re lucky to work closely with some of the best software teams in the world, including Airbnb, Shopify, Intercom, PagerDuty, and Basecamp.
We are a privately held company that values sustainable growth, transparency and work-life balance. We’re currently a distributed team of thirty and work remotely from Seattle, Vancouver, Perth, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Kyoto, Oakland, Wellington, Berlin and Melbourne.
Take a look at Buildkite’s values and the way they shape the benefits of working with our team here.
About the role
The Director of Sales will lead and develop the sales team within a fast-paced and high-growth company. This leader will build out our sales organization, design and implement strategies to reach customers, and collaborate with Marketing, Success, and Product Development leadership to further optimize our product/market fit; and maximize our sales growth and close rates.
The right candidate possesses domain expertise in SaaS business, enterprise technology sales, and early-stage sales organizations. Reporting to the Co-Founder & CEO, the Director of Sales will have a critical impact on the revenue goals and GTM execution of our rapidly growing company.
Samples of what you’ll do:
- Drive and lead all sales efforts from the front.
- Create and lead the sales organization and work closely with senior leaders in Success, Marketing, and Product to drive alignment and top-line outcomes.
- Develop fully detailed policies and procedures, as well as reporting and forecast metrics for hiring, onboarding, training, role execution, pipeline impact, and revenue impact.
- Collaborate with Business Operations to establish reports, dashboards, and analysis.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with: Sales and Marketing and Operations leaders to develop, implement, deliver, and measure the results of marketing and growth initiatives that drive pipeline and revenue growth.
- Ensure lead quality, quantity, and proper follow-up and deliver pipeline to align to sales priorities.
- Develop domain expert leaders and future sales stars through coaching, mentoring, and focused employee engagement initiatives.
- Implement strategic initiatives and promote a high-energy, high-activity environment.
This job is for you if you have:
- Experience managing high-performing software sales teams (preferably for a SaaS company serving developer audiences).
- Successful track record of 100%+ of quota achievement as a manager and individual contributor in strategic enterprise sales.
- Previous experience recruiting, retaining, and developing a team from the ground up.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience selling into developer audiences.
To apply, fill out the application on Lever using the link below. You don’t need to complete every section, you send through any link or document you’re proud of that helps us understand your skillset. There’s also a section to write about you, and why this role interests you.
If you have any questions or if you’d like to find out more about working at Buildkite, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any timezone from AEST to PST
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com