We’re looking for a Business Analyst to support business operations and strategy at Fresh EBT.
At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for Americans with limited incomes. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here and here. Now we’re expanding further into the financial services space by building new products that help our users manage the other aspects of their financial lives.
Our business analyst will be responsible for executing and improving key day-today operations of our advertising business. You’ll also work directly with team leaders across an array of projects and functions in a fast-moving startup environment. We’re a small team, enabling huge individual impact and promoting professional growth and flexibility.
Propel offers a unique opportunity to create social impact at scale. We’re a for-profit company backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and the Omidyar Network. If you’re looking to leverage your skills for social impact, come join us!
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact — you’ll take on significant business and client responsibility from day one
- Broad exposure to business skills — you will develop skills in client management, analytics, and operations
- Start-up experience — you will be exposed to a broad set of functions and challenges
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn (remote work through at least mid 2021)
- Work closely with Business Development Managers to understand campaign specifications, gather collateral, and prepare campaigns
- Set-up and monitor advertising campaigns within our internal system
- Provide basic reporting and analytic support to partners; offer suggestions for campaign improvement or testing
- Understand partner goals and lead and grow key partner relationships
- Build internal processes and documentation to improve the efficiency of campaign set-up and management
- Provide other ad hoc support to the business team (e.g., build invoices, fill out RFPs, etc.) and other leaders
- Lead strategic projects on new business or partnership opportunities
- 2+ years work experience, with client-facing / account management experience a plus
- An analytical brain — you’re highly proficient in Excel, with some exposure to HTML, CSS, and SQL
- A systems approach — you constantly improve how you and others work and build new tools to do so
- Incredible attention to detail — you automatically double- and triple-check your work
- Orientation to get stuff done — you fight through ambiguity, learn new skills, and bias toward action
- Curiosity — you’re excited to do different things and to field the occasional surprise
- Humility — you expect and want to learn from our users
- Deep desire to help fulfill Propel’s mission of building modern, effective, and respectful tools for low-income Americans