We’re seeking an experienced business analyst to work with our product and marketing teams to help make data-driven decisions around user growth, product engagement, and platform monetization. This is a rare opportunity to join the team at a rapid growth stage and solve unique and complex questions to drive real business impact.
Who We Are
Alignable is North America’s largest small business network with over 6 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Interacting with their local communities or nationally-recognized industry peers, our small business owners drive customer referrals, business opportunities, and helpful conversations on the Alignable business network.
Small businesses give our communities character– generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the beating heart of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. They’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network – it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it’s hearing from a fellow business owner who’s overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
If you want to empower the small business owner through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.
Led by start-up veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, Vistaprint, and Audible, we know how to turn promising ideas into enduring businesses that transform the digital landscape. We’re eager to repeat this success.
Advocacy and Encouragement. They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they’ve made a major impact on the business.
Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital and KIC ventures.
What You’ll Do
The ideal candidate will have experience gathering important company data and compiling it into reports for the organization to use. This individual has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and tie user, marketing, and engagement data to business objectives. Specifically, you’ll:
- Assist in the definition of business metrics around user acquisition, product engagement, and subscription growth
- Work with various teams to develop multi-variant tests across all channels including email marketing, in-app (desktop and mobile), content, SEO, and ads
- Identify trends in our products and marketing to take advantage of changes or alert the teams if they need to course correct
- Create dashboards for use by the team to track key performance indicators and report on the health of the operation
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure that we have proper instrumentation on products and channels to accurately track user engagement
- Develop optimization strategies against marketing campaigns and product engagement models
- Proactively identify areas of growth potential through self-directed analysis
Who You Are
In addition, you’ll demonstrate all or many of the following competencies:
- Fluency with tools such as FullStory, Looker, Google Analytics, Amplitude, and SQL
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Building funnel analysis to improve business outcomes
- Thriving in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and results-driven environment
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Experience working on a network business is a strong plus
You also should have:
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field. 3+ years in B2B or B2C Internet is ideal
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics; MBA is a plus
What We Offer
- Virtual working enviroment
- Smart, supportive co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations