Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking an analytical and entrepreneurial individual to join Leap’s Business Development Team to support our engagement with new partners. If you have a killer instinct for leveraging data to come up with creative solutions, enjoy helping partners grow their business, and can handle a diverse work plan, this job is for you.
This is a dynamic and varied role that drives growth by supporting the origination of new partners. You’ll perform extensive data analysis and develop sales tools and presentations that help bring new partners onto Leap’s platform. You’ll work with the most innovative companies in climate tech, including market leaders in EV charging, energy storage, smart buildings and water efficiency.
We are a distributed team with North American operations located in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC. For the right person, this position can be based anywhere in North America.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 1-3 years’ experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency or energy markets — experience in data-related roles and a strong demonstrated ability to handle a diverse work plan are a plus
- Possess strong analytical skills including a deep understanding of data analytics and experience with business process automation
- Enjoy engaging with partners and customers, including presenting and visualizing data and explaining your analyses
- Are able to prioritize, manage and execute tasks across the business with an eye on meeting the needs of our partners and growing our value
- Think strategically but can easily dive into the details and love to problem solveHave empathy for partners and a drive to help them grow their business
- Enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse team of amazingly talented and fun people, but are also capable of working independently in a fast-paced startup environment
What you will be working on?
- Conducting data-driven analysis to support our partners, such as sizing and optimizing market bids, informing dispatch strategies and identifying new market opportunities
- Managing leads and engaging in early partner discussions to qualify opportunities and build relationships
- Creating and managing tools that help our partners understand our business value
- Becoming an expert in the energy markets and using that knowledge to help drive decisions and educate partners
- Working with our partner success team to help partners integrate with our platform, authorize their end-customers for market participation, and develop energy bidding strategies in different markets
- Collaborating with our product, market operations and engineering teams to improve product development and sales strategy
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.