About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Business Development Manager, Europe – Streamers
We are hiring a Business Development Manager, to help us create and move deals through the pipeline and support our overall business development strategy, specifically with adding new Video Service Platforms (“Streamers”) to the European Wurl Network. This role will handle inbound leads for potential platform partners but will primarily work proactively to find and sign up new strategic platforms within targeted markets in Europe. The Business Development Manager, Europe– Streamers, will initially report to and work with the Director of Business Development – Streamers, as well as sales and operations teams to identify platforms, to help complete the necessary agreements and work with the sales team in identifying appropriate Content Companies to launch on those platforms. In addition to securing new platforms, this role will maintain and nurture relationships of existing platforms from a Business Development perspective.
- Identify Streamers within targeted European territories that fit Wurl business strategies and secure agreements with those platforms.
- Identify, initiate, and forge new relationships/deals in order to grow Wurl’s partner network and influence
- Increase the visibility of Wurl’s possibilities & capabilities through client meetings and events
- Serve as sales contact for both outbound and inbound opportunities with Streamers in Europe
- Regularly converse with our clients via email, phone, Zoom and in-person meetings
- Evaluate and review opportunities with Wurl’s BD and executive team based on the appropriateness to Wurl business strategies
- Educate and train clients on best practices and market insights
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and identify and close follow-on opportunities
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the organization, including Content Operations, Engineering and Product, to help establish Wurl’s strategic direction based on client feedback
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes
- Manage pipeline via our CRM (salesforce.com) and regularly update the business development and leadership teams on status via ad hoc methods as well as weekly pipeline calls
- Regularly update sales enablement materials and create custom decks for various pitches
- Drafting and managing Proposals, including leading negotiations to successful deal closure
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition, candidates should also possess the following skills/traits:
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) is required. MBA preferred but not essential
- 4+ years of Business Development/Sales and/or Product Management experience in Digital Video Publishing and/or online broadcasting; successful quota carrying experience is a huge plus
- 2+ years of experience within the (virtual)MVPD/OTT/CTV space
- Experience, in-depth market knowledge and strong, current relationships with video service platforms in Europe is critical
- Self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple ongoing projects; ability to execute to MBOs/OKRs
- Experience writing and delivering customer proposals (Word and Keynote) and answering RFIs
- Ability to be a team player and communicate, collaborate and work effectively as part of a fast-paced and highly intelligent team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience presenting in public settings
- Superior task management skills with a passion for proactivity and organization
- Ability to utilize CRM tools (Salesforce a plus) as well as Keynote, Excel, Zoom and other programs which may be helpful
- Possess an ingrained passion for solving customer challenges by uncovering needs, recommending solutions and successfully selling that solution to our customers
- Commitment to offering excellent customer service through immediate follow-up and problem-solving
- Ability to travel worldwide where in-person meetings are critical to closing the deal
- German speaking abilities is a huge plus
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.