Business Development Representative
4-6 month Contract
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to unlock new business opportunities by finding, contacting, and developing relationships with potential cannabis business clients. You will roll up your sleeves to find the best ways to reach these potential clients and then use your communication skills to understand their needs and pitch the value of Weedmaps. You’ll own the customer from first contact until you qualify the deal and hand it off to an Account Executive. If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience cold-calling leads and managing against sales quotas.
The impact you will make:
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Enhancing our potential client contact lists through industry association lists and online data searches.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls, emails, Linkedin outreach, etc.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Present Weedmaps offerings at a high level to potential clients
- Consistent documentation of conversations with prospective customers – Why are they qualified? Why are they not qualified?
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Engage Account Executives for the next steps, providing detailed information for the rep and a smooth transition for the customer
- Continue to follow up with prospects until qualification is complete.
- Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans.
What you’ve accomplished
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive, or similar role (>1 year)
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
- Familiarity with Google Spreadsheets
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- INCORRECT: email@example.com
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance, and we appreciate your interest in working with us!