Are you energized by developing new relationships? Can you identify what information is most relevant to set up both customers and your fellow team members for success? Can you channel your high energy to support building a growing tech company? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Thinkific, your role will be to actively engage with prospects (both warm and cold) to identify and create new Plus opportunities for the Mid-Market and Enterprise Account Executive teams. You’ll be working directly with Account Executives, the Marketing team, and the Data team to create targeted campaigns. As the first line of communication with prospective customers, you will have a strong understanding of our sales process, have excellent skills at gathering qualification information, are great at building new relationships and setting our Account Executives up for success.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the Data team and the Marketing team to create outbound campaigns aimed at target accounts
- Generate leads and proactively seek new business opportunities by identifying and engaging with new lead sources
- Strategically call high potential prospects for the purpose of booking a demo
- Build relationships by maintaining a pipeline of prospects to engage with while identifying opportunities for current customers to upgrade
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
- Accurately record sales interactions and keep our CRM up to date
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Demonstrate strong persuasive communication skills via phone and email
- Have 1+ year(s) of relevant work experience in an BDR, business development, or similar role
- Have experience speaking in a clear and concise manner that shares your thoughts in a way that reaches the customer
- Be comfortable writing emails that are both professional and eye catching to prospects
- Not be a stranger to engaging prospects and customers on the phone—you may have experience in a role that included phone support, sales, or donations
- Possess a naturally high EQ—you can read people well and mirror the person you are speaking to
- Want to Learn and Grow—you have the ability to accept constructive feedback and the drive to action it in order to grow your skills
- Be comfortable and have experience giving feedback to fellow team members—you may be familiar with Radical Candor and are on board with this approach to delivering feedback
- Possess strong persistence and the ability to overcome obstacles and failures—you’re capable of working through repetitive tasks and facing rejections to achieve your goals
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
Bonus points if you:
- Are comfortable working with a CRM like Salesforce, Hubspot, or NetSuite
- Have previous experience with door-to-door sales or experiential marketing
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!