HubSpot seeks a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our Sales team in April 2022 or later. As part of our commitment to building a hybrid company, BDRs can be flexible with their work location with the choice to either be based in Massachusetts, or remotely in the US.
Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. As a BDR, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use your business acumen to identify how HubSpot could help a business grow, and successfully position the HubSpot value proposition.
This position offers a base salary and commission. HubSpot employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely and collaboratively with account executives (also known as sales reps) to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for an account executive to further assess a prospect’s business and potential for partnership with HubSpot
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Help small and mid-sized companies realize the potential of digital marketing
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
- Get a mini-MBA! You’ll learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face on a daily basis, and how technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees’ lives
We’re looking for people who have:
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required)
- A track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Are naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- A “one-speed” energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.