Why Gainsight? Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India.
Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021. With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
Job Description Gainsight is looking for a results-oriented Sales Development Representative who will support our Outbound function in generating qualified sales leads for the Account Executives you directly support. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales closers up for success.
All SDRs are expected to provide the world class customer experience Gainsight is known for by demonstrating product knowledge, communicating that to the prospective customer. You will do this by researching and developing a clear and meaningful value proposition that aligns to your account hypothesis through cold-calling, emailing and social selling.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize SalesForce, cold calling, email and social selling techniques to generate new sales opportunities. Utilize your technical and value based knowledge to create leads out of cold (or warm) outbound prospecting Determine if Gainsight is a good fit for prospect Work cross functionally with your assigned Account Executives and Marketing to develop and execute on an account plan. Set up meetings between (prospective) customers and sales executives.
- Generate interest through follow up with relevant messaging based upon targeted segment What We’re Looking For Required 2+ Years of experience in a SDR or Sales capacity Proven track record of success in meeting monthly targets Self-starter who can proactively identify process improvements Excellent written and verbal communication Effective problem-solving; resourcefulness Interpersonal communications;
- Ability to communicate with various styles of recipients Preferred Outbounding Sales Experience is preferred B2B SaaS software knowledge Enterprise prospecting experience is a plus Inside Sales experience is a plus Proficiency with tools like Salesforce, Outreach & LinkedIn Sales Navigator Flexibility to be able to work in rapidly changing, fast-paced environment Competitive, self-motivated
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first. Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves. Here are our 5 core values
● Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
● Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
● Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
● Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
● Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more. Why You’ll Love It Here
Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO. Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What We’re Looking For
– Utilize SalesForce, cold calling, email and social selling techniques to generate new sales opportunities.
– Utilize your technical and value based knowledge to create leads out of cold (or warm) outbound prospecting
– Determine if Gainsight is a good fit for prospect
– Work cross functionally with your assigned Account Executives and Marketing to develop and execute on an account plan.
– Set up meetings between (prospective) customers and sales executives.
– Generate interest through follow up with relevant messaging based upon targeted segment
– 2+ Years of experience in a SDR or Sales capacity
– Proven track record of success in meeting monthly targets
– Self-starter who can proactively identify process improvements
– Excellent written and verbal communication
– Effective problem-solving; resourcefulness
– Interpersonal communications; Ability to communicate with various styles of recipients
– Outbounding Sales Experience is preferred
– B2B SaaS software knowledge
– Enterprise prospecting experience is a plus
– Inside Sales experience is a plus
– Proficiency with tools like Salesforce, Outreach & LinkedIn Sales Navigator
– Flexibility to be able to work in rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
– Competitive, self-motivated
Gainsight is Human First, recruiting scams are not. Phishing operations in recruiting are on the rise. Criminals are assuming the identities of real Human Resources professionals in a phishing operation to obtain money, banking information, and other personal information from individuals in the market for new careers. Gainsight does not conduct interviews via text messaging or chat. All interviews will be conducted live over the phone or on video. Gainsight will never request money, credit card, or banking information as part of the recruiting process. If you are asked for this information, do not provide it. Gainsight will not mail checks for the purpose of purchasing equipment or supplies. Official correspondence to applications will only come from email addresses ending in gainsight.com. Please do not respond to email addresses from any other variation of this domain.