Snapdocs is a rapidly growing company backed by investors like Sequoia, Y Combinator, F-Prime and Tiger Global. We’re an innovative team taking on the extensive mortgage market, bringing scalable and sophisticated software to a pillar of the US economy that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes.
Snapdocs is building its Settlement business and we need a Business Manager to drive growth and improve how we operate. Are you self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven? Do you get energy from working on complex questions? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful? Then we should talk.
The Business Manager will collaborate closely with the Vice President of Settlement and the broader leadership team to identify, analyze, and resolve the critical issues facing our business, bringing a general manager mindset to drive overall business growth. You will lead cross-functional projects to drive strategic decision-making. Using data to deeply understand the drivers of our business, you will proactively identify ways to improve performance, effectiveness, and efficiency. You will build an understanding of our customers’ needs and ensure that our products and our go-to-market resonate with them and are positioned to build more value over time. This is a key role that is positioned in the middle of the business, allowing you to foster new ideas and implement scalable processes across the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Strategize – Create and work on strategies to drive dramatic improvement in our execution, in partnership with operational leads
- Engage – Improve the way we onboard, work, and build relationships with our customers and partners
- Optimize – Implement scalable programs and best practices across diverse teams to guarantee outstanding operations
- Experiment – Use data-driven insight to drive everything from workflow changes to growth strategy and sales enablement
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of recommended strategies and tactics
- Influence – Work across the organization in partnership with other functions to guide strategic projects and harness opportunities
- Growth-minded – You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a plan. You have demonstrated sound business judgment and are confident to act amidst uncertainty
- Bias to action – We are often the pace setters of the organization, pushing to drive learning and outcomes at commercial speed
- Accountable – You want to manage the outcome and help improve our most essential growth and profitability metrics. You feel a deep sense of ownership to company outcomes
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities. You know when to apply different approaches with tact to drive outcomes and build relationships
- Experience required in either management consulting/ finance/ business development; or in product management at a tech company. MBA degree is preferred but not required
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrable experience with both strategic problem solving and process improvement
- Comfort with direct communications–both giving and receiving feedback in the spirit of improving quickly
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bonus: SQL knowledge or an excitement to learn it in the first month
- High-growth or early-stage start-up experience or a Real-estate background is a plus, but not essential
Snapdocs strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team to make smart decisions. This means we value independent work as well as collaboration. We provide outstanding benefits (listed below) and while we have hubs in both San Francisco and Denver, we’re an extremely remote-friendly company with over a third of our staff outside of those two hubs!
Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 4 weeks + 1 day of vacation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender)
- Flexible spending account for healthcare and dependent care
- Galileo, Modern Health, Urban Sitter, and Northstar Financial memberships
- Life and disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 10 year exercise window on your equity (!!)
Snapdocs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.