Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
As Business Operations Manager you will create the systemic changes necessary for the growth of Community. Reporting directly to our Head of Business Operations, you will act as the driver and business owner for transformational projects and processes. You will work to unlock additional growth potential for Community, ensuring we’re successfully achieving our collective goals as an organization.
Your work will be instrumental for scaling our organization, as we serve thousands of customers and tens of millions of users. You will play a pivotal role in identifying operational needs, analyzing bottlenecks and inefficiencies of current processes or practices and employing strategies, tactics and/or managing projects to help resolve these before they slow down our growth or negatively affect our business.
We expect you to work cross-functionally and in close collaboration with leadership with respect to monetization, user, revenue and customer growth, onboarding velocity and customer retention, while promoting data-literacy and providing analysis across the organization. You will be a core contributor to managing and utilizing our OKR process (Objectives and Key Results) to ensure the unified and successful pursuit towards our core, organizational goals.
To succeed in this role you should be a problem solver at heart with an analytical mind; a proficient product thinker with an eagerness to learn and grow. You have the ability to independently manage projects and deliver results against tight deadlines in a constantly changing environment, and bring advanced people skills which enable you to work towards a solution across multiple teams and personalities.
What You’ll Do
- Own the company’s OKR process, ensuring company-level objectives and initiatives are reflected at the team level; supporting teams to set goals in accordance w/ our OKRs
- Deliver insights, forecasts, analysis and reporting on the pursuit of core company-level OKRs; Pursue alignment around the definition of the company’s KPIs
- Drive the development and implementation of processes & initiatives to support and enable the pursuit of the company’s growth goals
- Act as a business owner for the design and implementation of the internal systems necessary to support the company’s growth objectives
- Work with multiple stakeholders and teams to identify bottlenecks to our growth; develop and implement product changes to enable growth
- Explore new business model and revenue opportunities and formulate recommendations for strategic growth and monetization
- Gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize findings and help drive and translate recommendations into measurable results
- Support the identification, creation, forecast, tracking and analysis of insightful and actionable business metrics to improve performance and drive company-level results
- Manage and centralize a repository of processes and improve processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations
- Build consensus and positive relationships among diverse stakeholder groups to facilitate dialogue across business units and help inform decision making with leadership audiences
- Take complete ownership and manage transformational projects from inception to completion
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; MBA a plus
- 7+ years of relevant experience in scaling operations and/or managing projects; experience managing a team a plus
- Start-up experience a must; SaaS experience preferred
- Extraordinary problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to break down complex problems into actionable next steps and to back up assumptions with data and develop business cases
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs/OKRs and other measurable success criteria
- Conducts data analysis that is complex and requires input from multiple sources
- Advanced proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets; Basic proficiency in SQL; Experience w/ Python or data visualization tools are an advantage
- Deep experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, or other CRMs used in the technology industry
- Strong attention to detail including precise and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Skilled at working with cross functional groups in multiple geographies to deliver across multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues with multiple stakeholder to both business and technical audience
- A strong work ethic, ability to work independently and willingness to take full responsibility and ownership for your successes and failures
- High EQ with excellent written and oral communication skills – a team player
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity- can drive quality insights and deliver high impact projects
- Unbridled energy, a love for teamwork and a relentless desire to “win”
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.