Be a key contributor to an exciting software company!
CareerPlug provides innovative recruiting and HR software for over 16,000 growing companies. Our applicant tracking platform helps companies make better hires to have the right people in place to build a successful business.
We believe that people are the heart of our business and are committed to building one of the best places to work — anywhere. To us, that means putting care and purpose into our hiring process, providing meaningful development and training opportunities for our team members, and living our core values every day.
CareerPlug is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse team. Our leadership takes responsibility for creating a safe and welcoming environment built on inclusion and respect for all.
What are we looking for?
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be an impactful member of our product design team, working to solve problems, lead with data, and build simple yet exceptional user experiences. You will own projects from start to finish, collaborating with developers to define solutions for product pitches and execute them.
The right match for this position is above all a listener, a learner, and a teacher. You want to collaborate, you love to learn new things, and you are interested in mentoring others. Ultimately you take an outcomes-focused approach to product thinking and use data to drive decisions. You are user-focused, self-motivated, and hungry to make an impact at a growing company.
- Design intuitive solutions to business problems faced by CareerPlug’s customers
- Deliver high fidelity mockups of potential solutions to engineers and leaders
- Pair with engineers to design and build out product solutions
- Actively participate in design reviews, both presenting and giving feedback
- Conduct customer interviews, shadow client calls, and follow up with NPS respondents
- Perform research to test your work, iterate on it, and validate the final result
- Document communications, finding, and project progress
- Work closely with product leadership to define the what to our why and the overall direction of your product area
- 4+ years of product design and UX experience (Preferred: B2B SaaS)
- Have a strong portfolio of product design, showing an excellent sense of typography, layout, and general design principles
- Strong proficiency in design tools (Figma, Sketch)
- Able to apply the full breadth of your design skillset through, visual design, user research, user flows, interactive design, and prototypes to solve issues
- Proficiency in facilitating user interviews
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to identify growth opportunities and drive them to completion
- Excellent documentation skills
- An understanding of product growth and data-informed design including adoption, conversion, retention, and advocacy
- Preferred: Understanding to proficiency with HTML/CSS
- Work from home (we’re fully remote)
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (with minimums!)
- One-week paid PTO (prestart date)
- Home Office Stipend
- 401(k) Company Match
- Donation Matching
Compensation: This role pays a base salary between $90,000 and $110,000 with an additional $10,000 in bonus potential. Check out our philosophy on pay ranges to get a better idea of how we handle deciding what the offer should be.
Early = $100,000 target compensation
Mid = $110,000 target compensation
Advanced = $120,000 target compensation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A note on COVID-19 & Remote Work: As of March 2020, our Austin-based team has been working fully remotely. We have transitioned to a Remote First company forever. This role may be filled by either an Austin resident or as a fully remote role for any U.S.-based candidate.