Cargowise Specialist Business Analyst
Our mission is to be the network on which innovative businesses build the world’s most connected global supply chains
What We Do
Chain.io is a cloud-based integration platform that connects partners across the global supply chain. Chain.io helps anyone involved in buying or moving products around the world work with supply chain vendors, customers, and software platforms more efficiently. With logistics expertise built into the heart of its software, Chain.io plugs into any ecosystem seamlessly and makes sure the right data is going to the right people at the right time. Customers leverage Chain.io’s network to optimize critical business processes. Chain.io shines when solving complex supply chain challenges and problems that require integrating multiple types of technologies. The Chain.io network includes shippers, logistics service providers, and the software packages that support them.
At Chain, our values infuse everything we do: how we interact with customers, prospects, partners, competitors, and each other. We are looking to hire people who embody these traits:
- Expertise: Our employees are good at what they do, which allows Chain.io to build best practices for the next decade and lead the industry forward.
- Inclusivity: We believe a big tent is more powerful than a small one, and that people of varied backgrounds and lived experiences make our company stronger. We encourage diversity on teams and diversity of thought and opinion, and strive to make everyone feel their voice can be heard.
- Kindness: We always assume everyone is doing their best with the resources they have, and we treat everyone (externally and internally) with kindness and respect.
- Reliability: Employees should deliver what they say they will, when they say it, both internally and externally. We need to be able to count on you, and you need to be able to count on each other.
Your Role at Chain.io
At Chain.io our people come first, ALWAYS! As a remote-first company we pride ourselves on our inclusive culture and out-of-the-box thinking. We encourage all of our employees to bring their expertise, innovation, creativity, and fresh eyes to every aspect of their role. As a member of the team you will be challenged to do better, heard on all levels, and respected as a part of our community.
- Evaluate supply chain business processes, anticipating requirements, and capturing technical solutions
- Perform requirements analysis to create Statements of Work, User stories, and other technical documentation
- Review specifications and create data mapping documents for a variety of file types (.CSV, ANSI X12, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Support Chain.io team and customers advising on CargoWise functionality within different modules
- Review and improve existing Chain.io integrations, including with CargoWise, to ensure our offerings are complete and comprehensive of system capabilities
- Document and communicate the results of your efforts
- Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful documentation
- Work closely with Project Management and Development team to provide timely updates
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Perform user acceptance testing
- EDI Trading Partner and communication setup and testing
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of tasks/projects
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years Supply Chain experience in business analysis or an IT related field
- Experience analyzing EDI (or equivalent) specifications for common logistic services
- Familiarity with CargoWise, including eAdaptor functionality/configuration, different CW XML structures (XUS, XUT, XUE, etc), Workflow Automation, and other facets of the TMS
- Advanced technical skills, including familiarity with a wide variety of data file types such as XML and JSON
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
- EDI Data Mapping
- Unlimited Vacation Time – you are required to use at least 10 days off per year in addition to our paid holidays
- Remote first organization – flexible work schedule
- We care about outcomes, more than how many hours you work
- VERY inclusive culture – we really want you to express your authentic self
- Stock options assigned for all new employees
- Strongly encourage professional development – we’ll help you foot the bill
- Health, Vision, Dental, Disability, 401k & Life Insurance Options
- 12 weeks of paid Parental Leave & 6 weeks of Paid Leave for Pregnancy Loss
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.