As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The role of the Chief of Staff is to extend the Chief Revenue Officer’s internal and external reach for key company initiatives to drive revenue growth. The Chief of Staff acts as a thought partner to the CRO, and is a part of an organization’s leadership team, participating in senior level decision-making with the CRO and organization (and is responsible for scaling and operationalizing key decisions).
- Partner with CRO and revenue leadership team to establish business priorities and ensure cross department progress and execution
- Develop business plans and project plans for growth initiatives
- Set the agenda and drive follow-ups for recurring and ad hoc revenue leadership team meetings
- Act as a force multiplier for the CRO to extend reach on key company initiatives
- Be a contributing member of the revenue leadership team – identify strategic opportunities, propose solutions, work through opportunities and challenges with a lens towards business, operational, and cultural progress
- Work on presentations, memos, business plans with the CRO on an as needed basis
- Collaborate with Head of Operations & Development, Business Partner, and other key members across the company to ensure alignment and progress of company initiatives for the Revenue team
- Lead and contribute to special projects across the Revenue team and the company
The ideal candidate is:
- Fluent in business strategy and planning, and familiarity with business analysis and consulting
- Expertise in collecting data, analyzing numbers, extracting information and summarizing findings
- Expertise in writing memos and building presentations for leadership and board meetings
- An experienced project manager who enjoys building a project plan and timeline and executing on it with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Has experience managing not only projects but also executives and teams.
- A strong communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Able to maintain confidentiality and exercise high discretion and sound judgment
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.