WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools – both district and charter – in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partners. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Over the next five years, ANet aspires to deepen our impact with partners and expand our reach to more students across the country. A key lever in our ability to do so is the quality of our technology innovation and infrastructure. To lead the charge, ANet is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who will evaluate and usher products from conception to delivery. The CTO will make recommendations for enterprise architecture in order to enhance our product offerings and will oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions within our technology ecosystem. This individual will be charged with drawing throughlines between how customers want the product to interact and the execution, and will establish ANet’s internal technological and information infrastructure. The CTO will manage the Technology Team and will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Set multi-year technology vision aligned to organization’s strategy and product direction
○ Develop and maintain an inspiring vision, strategic direction, and effective KPIs for technical work that support ANet’s organizational strategy, priorities, and growth
○ Leverage learnings on shifting our high touch service delivery model to more virtual support to continue to find technology-enhanced efficiency gains as we scale
○ Use data analytics to drive and operationalize product strategy
○ Drive accountability through the establishment of transparent and quantifiable business/project metrics and targets
○ Streamline software and information management systems to enable our product to scale 4x in the next 5 years
○ Collaborate with the product team to align our long-term technology strategy with a product strategy that will meet organizational and user needs
○ Rationalize technology strategy considering build vs. buy; licensing and integration costs; vendor capabilities; and an in-depth knowledge of the technology landscape
● Build and manage high performing Engineering, IT and Data Systems teams
○ Attract, recruit, and retain diverse technical talent; build a highly committed and capable group of technology leaders and professionals by inspiring, coaching and mentoring; and provide opportunities for ongoing career development
○ Operate as a leader who engages, inspires, and equips team members with the skills necessary to reach high quality decisions while orienting the team’s work and culture around ANet’s values and Anti-Racist standards
○ Design and maintain a team structure that honors needs including consistency, flexibility, and strategic planning based on both workflow and capacity among the team
● Operate as a senior leader to drive the intersection between organizational vision and functional leadership
○ Model two-way advocacy to ensure strong alignment and cohesion between Senior Leadership Team and the Technology Teams
○ Liaise with key stakeholders to propose solutions are in line with market signals and long-term objectives and have a viable path towards implementation
○ Provide technical leadership and identify opportunities to solve business problems using existing technologies, new solutions, or hybrid approaches
○ Create and articulate an inspiring vision for the organization, not only for the areas you are directly responsible for but the enterprise as a whole, and get buy-in from everyone
○ Seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization’s overall strategy
○ Identify and champion high-leverage change opportunities and create realistic goals and implementation plans that are incremental, achievable, and successful
○ Exemplify ANet’s core values and commitment to Anti-Racism in daily actions and engagement
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role and at ANet, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
● Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
● Proven success delivering information management and technology infrastructure that scales with oversight of engineering and technical teams creating data infrastructure and technology strategy
● Experience leading and successfully delivering large-scale system software integration projects
● Deep understanding of interconnected systems and strategic implications of architecture choices
● Ability to collaborate laterally and influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● Prior experience in education non-profit space
● Prior experience in product development
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience in a similar role and qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application online.
ANet has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons prior to commencement of employment unless applicable state or local law provides otherwise.
This role is not intended to be performed in Colorado.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.