The Client Account Executive role is a combination of sales activities and client relationship management to create the most reliable, personalized experience for a client. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you’ll be responsible for both growing existing clients and closing new clients.
How you’ll add value at Contra
- Build meaningful relationships with clients through timely and engaging communication with the goal to determine the clients needs, build value and establish a successful relationship with Contra
- Proactively anticipate and address escalating client issues with speed and urgency
- Develop creative outreach strategies to increase client engagement, retention, drive growth, reduce churn
- Coordinate and participate in user interviews with clients to gain a deep understanding of their business and help them to derive maximum value from Contra
- Partner with clients to understand their hiring needs and ensure they are finding amazing talent to work with through Contra
- Deliver accurate projections through strong pipeline management and forecasting
- Extremely analytical; you leverage data in all of your decision making
- Consistently strive to exceed the quarterly goals that have been set and be compensated competitively with a commission structure
- High energy, self-starting personality that works well in a start-up, fast-paced environment
You’ll be successful here if you
- Mission driven. Our mission truly resonates with you and you would like to be a part of what we are building together at Contra!
- A dedicated team player. You thrive in a collaborative, remote-only environment and you are comfortable with 8am-12 pm PST core hours and flexibility around those hours for the rest of your work day.!
- Passionate about learning. Share a genuine curiosity for learning, alway eager to pick up new skills. We don’t expect everyone to know everything but you learn quickly!
- Goal oriented. Understand what you need to do in order to achieve your goals without needing all of the bells and whistles.
- Committed to trying. Have the resilience and willingness to try and try again even if you fail after a few attempts!
- Ambitious attitude. You bring a strong work ethic and contagious energy to your team as we work towards our North Star.
- Path Paver. Joining a startup you enjoy taking ownership, building out processes and documentation that might not exist to share with your team members.
How Contra can add value for you
- 🌎 Remote-only culture that is here to stay
- 🍎 100% health coverage for US full-time employees, and health reimbursements for all international contractors
- 💰 401k matching for US full-time employees
- 💸 $4,000 laptop reimbursement upon starting + additional equipment, co-working, education, and meetups
- 💛 No-meeting Wednesdays
- 🥬 Half days every third Friday of the month to enjoy a long weekend, reduce screen fatigue, and decompress
- 👋 Generous time off — 2 week-long company-wide shutdowns per year, so we can all collectively relax together, in addition to paid time off and flex days to look after your wellbeing.
- 👶 Flexible parental leave
- 🌴 Annual team-wide off-site (our most recent was in June 2022!)
- 💁 A custom slack emoji, just for you!
- Intro Call with the recruiting team (15 minutes)
- Interview with Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Interview – Culture (30 minutes)
- Paid Case Study
- Interview with Co-Founders (25 min)
Salary + Equity Range
- $80K – 100K USD plus commission
- Equity Value Range: $72K – $180K USD
🚀 Contra is looking for self-motivated, open-minded, and eager folks to join our growing team.
We’ve put together a pretty special global team — we’re not limited by location, so everyone on our team has unique backgrounds and experiences that have shaped our company culture for the better. Everyone who joins Contra adds another special dimension to that culture, so we’re looking for folks that have an additive mindset, and want to participate in building both a great product, and a great place to work. While past titles, years of experience, and educational opportunities have taught us all valuable lessons, they’re not used as hiring criteria. If you’re motivated by our mission and owning impactful projects, then Contra is the place for you.
If you’ve made it this far, we want to talk to you! Even if you do not think that you meet all of the requirements in the job posting, we really encourage you to take the leap and apply anyway. Surprise yourself! The best is yet to come ✨
Contra is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing its team members with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Contra are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.