We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What’s it like on the Retro Team?
Are you passionate about providing an excellent client experience and love problem solving? Do you enjoy challenging how we currently do things and experimenting with what can be done better? Being a member of the Retro Customer Coordinator team is a unique challenge, which calls for exceptional team members!
Our team is laser focused on client experience and ensuring clients are set up for success for their time with Retro as well as long-term with Bench. You’ll be a key part in defining the optimal onboarding experience for large scope catch up clients, collaborating on new initiatives, as well as directly contributing to Bench’s profitability goals through your impact in this start up within a start up.
Here are some of the things you’ll be getting up to:
- The majority of your time will be spent working with past, present, and new retro clients to collect and verify historical documentation for their catch up bookkeeping (2+ years and catch up bookkeeping only).
- Strategizing & Auditing document collection – solution-ing issues such as closed accounts, no known Third Party access available, faxing, and mailing.
- When applicable, reaching out and troubleshooting with banking institutions on how we can better integrate/ collect documents.
- Continually experimenting with ways to improve our processes, procedures, and service offerings.
- Collaborating with Retro Sales and Delivery to improve processes – you will be one of the most key players in ensuring a timely and organized Retro experience.
You’d be a great fit if you:
- You’re not satisfied with “good enough”, and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else’s job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement within your own team, or across the wider organization.
- You’re a resilient, strong individual performer who is energized by meeting individual and team targets and contributing to the team’s success.
- Confident presence on the phone and strong communication skills.
- Comfortable holding multiple calls each day, with many different personalities and types of conversations.
- Talented multi tasker: holding a conversation, taking notes over the phone, and accessing time sensitive information.
- You have an attitude that welcomes constant feedback, both giving and receiving. This is a role that requires you to be open to ambiguity, change, and experimentation.
- Are excited about owning a client’s experience at Bench, and the responsibility that comes with it.
Nice to have:
- Bonus points if you are fluent in English and Spanish!
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible, and this role pays an annual base salary of $44,400, with $5000 in variable pay, for total on target earnings of $49,400.
- Bench is a remote-first organization. That said, we support folks in all the ways they want to go to work. We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one. This role can be remote and located anywhere in the following provinces: BC, AB, ON and NB! Or you can work hybrid from our Vancouver, BC office.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.