Table XI is looking for a Client Partner who can become a strategic advisor to our clients.
Table XI Client Partners are senior strategists responsible for growing valuable, long-term relationships with one or more clients by providing expertise and pragmatic advice to help leaders within those organizations drive new product innovation.
We are looking for a senior practitioner who can successfully shape and lead client engagements for new digital product development from discovery through delivery and evolution.
Here’s what we expect from you
- Possess a practitioner’s point of view and depth of knowledge based on successes and failures in bringing new digital products to life across different industries
- Build a deep relationship with clients and find an inside track to insights and opportunities for new products and opportunities
- Take accountability for maintaining a high standard of excellence for deliverables and Table XI’s value-add to clients
- Negotiate and advise with high integrity, authenticity and influence to build trusted, long-term strategic partnerships
- Read clients with remarkable accuracy and adapt approach as needed; listen for what isn’t being said to see opportunities and issues where others don’t
- Strategically reframe problems to create moments of clarity within the context of the business opportunity and constraints
- Leverage design thinking and facilitation skills to successfully challenge and push client teams to think differently about what’s possible, and to harness insights from within and build conviction around a vision and solution
- Lead with needs (vs. solutions), adept at guiding and potentially participating in research activities to generate new insights
- Focus on outcomes and establishing ways to measure success in real ways
- Take calculated risks and bring new thinking and approaches to the table
- Demonstrate courage and confidence in leading and advising teams to create outsized value and outcomes
- Turn curiosity into opportunities by asking strategic questions and opening doors to new conversations
- Oversee client engagements to ensure high quality of our deliverables, to drive real outcomes for our clients, and to uncover growth opportunities for Table XI through successful relationship building, negotiation and influence
- Understand client’s customers, business, and market to bring holistic perspective to and to spot trends for new product development opportunities
- Provide leadership in the product development process to prioritize value drivers, assess tradeoffs and understand cultural shifts required for change
- Facilitate workshops to uncover insights, create clarity and drive co-creation of solutions
- Partner with product, designers and developers to define, validate and test new concepts
- Develop presentations and narratives to help leaders build conviction internally and secure funding to pursue digital product innovation
- Act as subject matter expert in digital product innovation and become a trusted advisor to key stakeholders
- Coach/mentor team on product strategy and bringing new approaches for experimentation and process improvement
- Deep experience in defining, launching and evolving digital products
- Practitioner of agile, design thinking and lean startup methodologies
- Familiarity with common digital product technologies
- Proven track record in developing and growing successful client partnerships
- Strong business acumen and ability to converse fluently about digital products in the larger context of the business and market
- Data-driven mindset, whether it’s qualitative or quantitative, to inform insights
- Strategic, pragmatic thinker with a grounded approach to problem solving and innovation
- Thoughtful, compelling communicator and influencer in both writing and speaking
- Calculated risk taker that thrives in uncertainty and creates clarity from ambiguity
Who We Are
We’re a curious and humble group who loves to define the future and help build it. Curiosity and critique are key to our chemistry. We’re always looking for new skills, frameworks, and approaches to deliver the most meaningful product and service experiences. And we’re constantly pushing ourselves to experiment, explore and challenge assumptions.
We bring that same passion for learning and improving to our clients: digging into their organizations, reframing their problem statements, and spending time with their users. This ensures we’re pushing our clients forward while designing valuable things people actually use.
Learn more about Table XI (video)
What We Make
At Table XI, you’ll get exposure to many different people and projects. Our clients trust us as strategic partners—advising decisions that impact the long-term success of their organizations. We’ve helped:
Brink create an accessible voting education app to help all communities engage in the political process
Tyson Foods adopt design thinking to concept, prototype, and launch innovative products quickly
Northwestern University research facilities perform and advance clinical research
More than 25,000 people think big and participate in Chicago Ideas Week
A nonprofit understand what “belonging” means to their 200 global chapters
A homecare startup to connect caregivers with clients and their familiesAn IoT medical device manufacturer prototype hardware and software to help patients recover from spinal surgeryFamilies dealing with tragedy connect with resources and each other
Roger Ebert solidify his legacy as a film critic
But the work is just part of what makes Table XI a rewarding place to be. We support each others’ interests—whether volunteering with AIGA, organizing a UX Strategy Meetup, speaking at industry events, or learning new techniques and technologies. If there’s something you’re passionate about, we want you to pursue it so you can teach it to the rest of us. Our First Friday Design Talks, company Lunch & Learns, and weekly Group Practice Meetings are just some of the ways we create space for sharing, learning and professional development.
What We Offer
In COVID times, we’re all:
Working from home with a stipend for upgrades to your setup
Sheltering-in-place with zero travel or onsite client work
Communicating and collaborating with tools like Mural, Miro, Notion, Slack, and a lot of Zoom
Everyone on our team gets:
Equitable, competitive salary
Quality health insurance
Paid parental leave and flexible paid time off
401k plan, including employer matching
The option to work fully remote
We take equality seriously.
Table XI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.