Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help clinicians save time so they can provide better care for patients.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.
As a Clinical Content Editor, you’ll be helping to implement a 21st-century information sharing strategy for our million+ clinician members as a part of the Editorial team, which powers Doximity’s news product, DocNews.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Manage content curation for a variety of medical specialties and clinical interests
- Closely monitor trending medical news and identify optimal populations of interested readers
- Develop strategy within populations of users to inform evolving content needs
- Collaborate with our medical advisors and product team to understand user experience and drive product development
- Conceptualize original content (written and multimedia) centered on gaps in healthcare, medical education, and beyond
- Edit original writing submitted by Doximity members or written by colleagues according to our evolving in-house style guides (mainly AP Style).
What we’re looking for:
- Very high attention to detail with experience copyediting according to specific style guides
- Experience curating, writing, and disseminating medical/health care-related content
- Prior knowledge and/or experience in healthcare, medical research, digital health, health journalism, or medicine
- General grasp of medical terminology and ability to eloquently translate complex medical jargon
- Experience with email newsletters and or other clinical content
- You thrive at working independently and can adeptly juggle multiple projects on an editorial calendar
Nice to haves:
- You can’t live without the news and are excited to share it with others. You’re creative and resourceful about finding unique articles and have an innate understanding of how they’re shared in medical circles and social networks
- Strong interest or previous editorial experience in health care publishing/media or health tech
- Graduate degree in science writing
- Interests in digital health, health journalism, and medicine
- Clinical background with strong experience editing and writing medical content or health care news.
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.