At Close, we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we’re leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we’ve grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 43 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We care about performance (e.g. route-based code splitting), maintainability, and testability of our frontend code. We sweat the UI/UX details and work collaboratively with the Product team throughout the design process. This means diving into lo-fi Freehand wireframes, and communicating continuously when those ideas are brought to life using Figma and code.
Our frontend app is built on top of our REST API & GraphQL endpoints. Our backend tech stack consists of Python/Flask, MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Redis. We run our services in Docker on AWS.
We ❤️ open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like react-custom-scroller, use-infinite-scroll, use-abortable-effect, backbone-testing-library, smart-tooltip-delay, Microphone Recorder to Mp3, filevalidator.js, addresscompiler, backbone.mousetrap, and more at https://github.com/closeio.
We’re looking for an experienced full-time Frontend Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, and launch major user-facing features.
You should have significant experience designing, debugging, and optimizing frontend applications to make them fast and reliable. You have significant experience with REST APIs and thoroughly understand HTTP requests. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You should have great product sense and be able to think through user experience issues before diving into the code, and you exhibit a love for great UI.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you’re supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are located in an American or European time zone.
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience implementing real-time (e.g. websockets, polling, etc.) web apps
- Experience working with GraphQL endpoints
- An eye for design and experience with Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Photoshop, or similar
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Contributed open source code (core or plugins) for a popular frontend framework such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like…
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Working with Twilio’s API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving real-time collaboration user experience
- Expanding our frontend GraphQL usage
- Extending our React component library
Why work with us?
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote-first company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video) – when travel is appropriate
- 4 x quarterly virtual summits
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $200/month coworking stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Our story and team 🚀
We are a small team doing great things – every role is critical to the success of this company. People that are most successful at Close have a resourceful, “doer” approach and mentality. We focus on productivity, impact and quality of work. We’re looking for team members that genuinely understand the nature of being part of a small team that operates in a bootstrapped / start-up-like environment. At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Life-work harmony is an important part of our organization – we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you). We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another (however we’re opting for quarterly virtual summits during 2020/2021). We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one – we’ve recently launched 14 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.