At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
The role entails responsibility for the backend supporting the orchestration of builds on Vercel. You will contribute to the backend API to build the features that make Vercel run. You will work closely with frontend, Turborepo, and specialized infrastructure teams to provide seamless and rock solid endpoints with a goal of enabling developers to better collaborate in large scale codebases.
- You have 3 years experience developing services that run in the cloud on Kubernetes
- You are comfortable supporting high traffic services and developer with scalability in mind
- You have 3 years experience writing Typescript
- You are energized by helping other developers and making their lives easier
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $175,000.00- $215,000.00. This salary range is an estimate, and actual salary may vary based on the company’s compensation practices, location, and candidate experience. The total compensation package may also include benefits and equity-based compensation.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.