Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team and focus on architecting the next generation of our Cloud Analytics platform on top of the Elastic Stack. As a Lead Engineer, you will build an internal data product connecting various data sources like product APIs, telemetry, Salesforce and other business systems. Lead the team to build the very first version of analytics feature for our on-premise ECE software users. This role requires coordination across several engineering and product management teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build and launch reliable data pipelines to ship data across a number of sources to a central Elasticsearch cluster.
- Partner with Data Analysts, Product Managers and field organizations to develop internal and external data products
- Write design documents and architecture proposals; present to coworkers and tech leadership team regularly
- Collaborate with other tech leads and engineers to improve and build new APIs for instrumenting analytics data from the product
- Establish effective project communication plans and ensure their execution
- Participate in code reviews for your team and other teams
- Provide technical leadership to the team
- Mentor new team members, both junior and senior
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What You Bring Along:
- 10+ years experience delivering high quality code, preferably in Python and/or Go programming languages
- You care deeply about the resiliency of the services and quality of the features you ship
- Experience using Elasticsearch for data analytics
- Solid understanding of data architectures and data infrastructure ecosystem
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
- Proven experience in project management
- Curious to learn SaaS business metrics like growth, churn and retention
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.