The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at Bounteous, it’s to add to our interpersonal dynamics and choose the right person to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams. Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
We are seeking a Commerce Solution Architect with a deep background in Commerce to join our growing team in the Consumer Business Unit. As Commerce Solution Architect at Bounteous, you will partner with clients to understand their challenges, needs, and constraints; drive technical solutions and roadmaps to support business goals. Great candidates will be able to direct the design of large-scale solutions from conception to completion, mentor and inspire technical teams, and lead client workshops around technical solutions. The best candidate will demonstrate the ability to define and solve the most challenging technical problems and work in a fast-paced environment across multiple clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serve as a consulting technologist; partner with clients to better understand their problems and goals, recommend possible solutions, and build consensus around architecture and digital capabilities
- Architect and drive technical solutions in the retail or B2C/D2C space, including product development, platforms selection/implementation, data management/flow, roll-out strategies, and integrations typically found in enterprise-level Commerce implementations
- Provide technical oversight during implementation; own technical delivery across all development workstreams
- Partner closely with other Bounteous competencies, such as Strategy, Marketing, and Experience Design, to help define solutions for our clients
- Lead technical workshops and other discussions with clients and Bounteous team members
- Collaborate across multiple technology disciplines
- Help clients define measures and quantify the value of an architecture/digital platform
- Leverage expertise across the technical team to identify optimal solutions
- Contribute thought leadership to Bounteous and the larger tech community
- Define and model Bounteous’ culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth for the next generation of team members
- 5+ years of experience driving and delivering technical solutions involving complex Commerce challenges with medium-to-large cross-disciplinary teams
- 5+ years of experience architecting solutions and helping a team deliver against an architectural vision
- 5+ years of experience building and leading teams, mentoring and coaching direct reports
- Consulting/agency experience preferred
- Experience integrating Commerce platforms to an OMS, CRM, and ERP
- Experience designing solutions using modern architectural approaches and concepts, such as microservices, API-first, cloud-native, and composable
- Experience with and strong understanding of major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), as well as their benefits and offerings
- Systems integration experience, including API design/development/management; familiarity with middleware solutions, such as iPaaS
- Understanding of DevOps best practices, including configuration management, IaC, and approaches/tools for CI/CD
- Proven ability to lead engagements and provide a strong voice for Technology within blended teams
- Understanding of and experience with Agile methodology
- Experience estimating, planning, and staffing project work
- Strong communicator with all levels of leadership, management, and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships. Outstanding executive presence and presentation skills; the ability to inspire, engage, partner with, and influence senior leadership
- Passion for technology and leveraging technical solutions to support business objectives
- Experience with data management platforms (such as PIM, MDM, etc.) and data governance a plus
- Experience with B2B Commerce platforms a plus
- BS/BA Computer Science (or related fields) or self-taught programmer
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.