Teachable is the go-to platform for creators to turn their knowledge into scalable businesses. From online courses to coaching products, creators can seamlessly build best-in-class learning experiences, connect with audiences around the world, and maximize their earning potential. Most importantly, Teachable ensures creators maintain full ownership over every aspect of their unique brand and community. Tens of thousands of creators use Teachable to share their knowledge with 45+ million students around the world.
We’re looking for a Communications Intern to help support our growing PR and communications function throughout the fall semester. If you’re a strategic thinker, creative storyteller, and media fiend, this could be the role for you!
Reporting to the Senior PR Manager on the Brand & Content team, you’ll learn the ropes of PR and communications for a leading creator economy company, play a crucial role during creative brainstorming sessions, and get hands-on experience media monitoring, pitching reporters, writing brand messaging, and much more.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside the communications team as we continue to grow our strong and trusted brand
- Familiarize yourself with Teachable, our competitive landscape, and the ever-evolving creator economy through daily media monitoring and reporting
- Collaborate with the team to identify key storytelling opportunities and news hooks
- With support, draft and pitch relevant reporters across consumer, business, and technology outlets, leveraging PR tools like HARO (Help A Reporter Out)
- Familiarize yourself with Teachable’s core offering and platform features, so you can assist with making sure our external product reviews and comparisons are up-to-date and accurate
- Assist with identifying key speaking and award opportunities for Teachable and our spokespeople
- Help organize and execute all-company events and key employee engagement initiatives
- Exercise your writing skills by drafting internal and external communications, always keeping Teachable’s mission front and center
What We’re Looking For
- Undergraduate student in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field
- A genuine excitement for Teachable’s mission and role within the booming creator economy
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- A critical thinker with a deep interest in strategy and creativity
- An entrepreneurial spirit and “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitudeExcellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail
- A $15 dollar an hour salary
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We’re in an exciting growth phase and we’re continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning employees (depending on the requirements for the role) may work either fully remote or in-office (or a combination of the two).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.