GitHub is looking for a Communications Manager to join the team and support our corporate and technology PR efforts in APAC.
The overall goal of the Communications Manager, APAC, will be to coordinate all public relations activities across the region and develop a comprehensive PR and communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics. This individual contributor role will also be in charge of developing media relations strategy across the markets, partnering with local PR agencies and internal teams, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and digital media. This role will also support Internal Communications, Analyst Relations and local Social Media efforts.
The Communications Manager will have a good understanding of the market dynamics and media landscape across APAC and will be responsible for driving proactive storytelling; partnering with the local engineering, marketing and sales teams to drive and support local campaigns; executing event PR programs including local PR events and flagship global corporate events; engaging with regional PR agencies.
A high performer with a growth mindset, who is both collaborative and autonomous, the ideal candidate will have strong relationships with key media across the region, experience working with external agencies, and an excitement to be part of a global Communications team that represents GitHub as the home for all developers.
This role reports to the Director of International Communications and will be based in Australia, with occasional travel opportunities (when travel resumes, post-COVID).
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-10 years of technology PR experience.
- Ability to develop strategic plans in partnership with the Communications team and internal stakeholders, and execute independently.
- Experience working with technology, business, and trade media to achieve communications goals.
- Background in working with open source communities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful history of good judgment over the course of your career.
- Strong organization and project management skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects.
- Experience working with PR agencies and contractors.
- Ability to travel, when permitted post-COVID, across APAC and the US to support media activities as required.
- Familiarity with GitHub and/or engineering-driven initiatives.
- Understanding of the software development landscape.
- Knowledge of multiple languages.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.