We’re looking for a Communications Officer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
The ideal candidate to support our Studio Comms and Culture initiative will be responsible for spotlighting moments to celebrate for the company, assisting with the communication of changes and initiatives, and assisting other departments with their internal communications.
Who you are:
- A flexible and empathetic communicator able to adjust their approach to meet a variety of needs.
- A versatile writer and capable public speaker with a strong sense of what makes a good presentation.
- Somebody who communicates with enthusiasm and a sense of joy. Making games should be fun, and you should be able to express that.
- You have looked at our studio and game values and are strongly aligned with them.
Some of your role:
- Work with the leadership team to ensure that internal comms are aligned with the studio’s goals and values.
- Provide comms support to the extended leadership team and related initiatives, such as company events.
- Work with HR and Recruitment to maintain studio documentation and onboarding materials.
- Act as first point of contact for studio-focused media inquiries.
- Maintain our press/branding kits.
- A strong digital skillset, including familiarity with Google Suite.
- Familiarity with common communication formats such as press releases.
- Knowledge of the game development process.
- Excellent communication skills and proven adaptability.
- Proficiency in tools such as Photoshop, Premiere and streaming/broadcast software.
- A personal passion for games and an awareness of the latest trends in the industry.
- Experience of online fandoms and related communities.
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games.
- Agile project management experience
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.