This is a unique opportunity to lead the community for MetaGlueDAO, a Web3 & Society project building tools and coordination to help all DAOs succeed.
MetaGlueDAO is helping DAOs become networks, not hierarchies. We want the connections between DAOs to be as strong as the connections within them
I. What is Roote?
We think this is the most important century for humanity.
- Our educational hub runs the Roote Fellowship, a podcast, and a newsletter.
- Our startup studio launches Roote Projects, ambitious projects which catalyze systems-level change for a wiser world. Web3 & Society is a Roote Project.
II. Role Overview
- DAOs are the next form of human coordination after religions, states, firms, and markets.
- DAOs are Open by Default. They are built on open protocols by people with open values.
- We can leverage that openness to build cross-community tools to make DAOs thrive.
- In 100 years, we’ll think it’s crazy we had private, siloed companies. The Future is Open. MetaGlueDAO catalyzes that future.
You are responsible for growing the MetaGlueDAO community.
Your north star is: Can you help build tooling and community to help all DAOs succeed?
If you’re interested in leading something new that will maximize your rate-of-learning, please apply!
What You’ll Do
- Conduct 100s of customer interviews to understand what DAOs need. Get into their Discords, understand their leaders, and help them thrive. (Crowdsource if possible. ETHPrize is a good model.)
- Synthesize learnings into a set of RFPs that can be funded by orgs and Gitcoin grants. Manage the bounty process.
- Create How To DAO content to empower DAO leaders (example)
- Create standards and participate in technical standard discussions (with DAOStarOne)
- Create reports on the state of DAOs (example)
- Get your hands dirty to build no-code tools for DAOs
- Use data analytics to understand DAOs (example)
- Develop MetaGlueDAO into a sustainable business by getting DAO funds through grants, Gitcoin grants, and token swaps
- Build a MetaGlueDAO community with other interested DAOplomats, and eventually launch the DAO as a tokenized community
- Work with excellent existing cross-DAO projects like PrimeDAO, DAOStarOne, SCRF, and others.
Here’s an example Gantt chart.
After 1 year, success looks like: you’ve talked with 100s of DAO members, started content and tool initiatives that provide direct value to 25+ DAOs, and have a community of 10+ dedicated MetaGlueDAO members.
After 3 years, success looks like: MetaGlueDAO has 10 FTEs, 25 part-time, and 1,000 dedicated community members providing cross-DAO help. It’s easy to start, build, and run a DAO, and collaborate with other DAOs.
You May Be a Fit if You
- Have been green pilled and are excited by the future of DAOs. You don’t need to already be working in DAOs, but you need to have conviction that in 2050, 10% of the population will have worked for a DAO.
- Love connecting with new people, and helping people connect with each other.
- Love customer discovery interviews, rapid prototypes, and product roadmapping.
- Have created apps, startups, or communities from scratch. (Or just want to do so!)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a proven ability to be a self-starter capable of driving customer results without significant supervision.
- Have the ability to bring structure to ambiguous strategic questions and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- Have a strong bias toward concrete action. You should often ask: “Why can’t this be done sooner?”
- Have a strong bias towards ambition. You should often ask: “Is this the most ambitious plan we could come up with?”
Even if not all of these apply to you, we’d still love to consider your application, particularly if you’d like to learn more of these. Studies show that you can be considered for a role even if many of a job posting’s listed qualifications don’t apply to you. We evaluate all applications holistically.
Why You Might Be Excited About Us
- You get to be weird and creative. This is not a traditional VC firm, tech company, online school, or academic research hub.
- You want to work with us. Here is our team. And here are our How to Work With Me Manuals.
- We have a great network. You want to work with global leaders and ambitious frontier people.
- You are aligned with Roote’s guiding mission and values.
- We have an extremely flexible leave policy and provide benefits including full health, dental, and vision coverage.
Time Expectation: Start as soon as possible.
Location: We are a hybrid org based in the SF Bay Area. If you’re here, we’d work in the office together a few days a week. If you’re not here, we’d have quarterly offsites.
Compensation: The starting salary is $70,000/year + equity or tokens if this project spins out as a for-profit or DAO.
(The listed salary is based on US rates. We adjust salaries to reflect regional costs of living.)